Changes I Want To See With The New President

One of best examples of discrimination here is that poorer don't have access to dollar ahorro,so they are forced to spend everything on Coca-Cola and papas fritas...

TWB103: I am not too sure about Argentines not being somewhat racist even in sports.Were you here about 8 years ago when an Argentine -a player on the Seleccion,I believe -.called a black Brazilian player a"macaco" -monkey to his face and in Brazil itself.Incredible but true.

OK since tomorrow's the Big Day, I'll resurrect this one and have a go:

7 Things I'd like to see changed:

1. No more of the K's sweetheart deals for environmental/economic rapists like Chevron and Monsanto. End the corporate welfare. (likelihood: 0/10)

2. More infrastructure. Argentina needs a New Deal-like construction programme (eg: schools, rail, hospitals, sanitation...). This should also mean thousands more jobs for Argentines. (likelihood: 2/10)

3. A wider variety of opinions on public TV please (likelihood: 6/10).​

4. Enforce laws that the K's played softball on, like the Ley de Medios and labour laws (end work en negro). (likelihood: 1/10)

5. More renewable energy. Ditch vaca muerta. (likelihood: 3/10)

6. Decriminalise drugs. End the "narcotráfico problem" overnight. (following the successful example of countries like Portugal) (likelihood: 0/10)

7. Resurrect and improve Duhalde's Jefes y Jefas guaranteed job programme. No one who wants a job should be without one. (likelihood: 0/10)

3 Things I'd like to see stay the same:

1. Please don't change Canal Encuentro. The graphics are rad! (and keep Paka Paka shows like Minimalitos and Amigos. Truly excellent TV) (likelihood: 5/10)

2. Please continue (or expand) money laundering investigations into banks such as HSBC. (likelihood: ?/10)

3. Please continue (or expand) trials of criminals from the last dictatorship. (likelihood: 6/10)

EdRooney:
Rather than go into the huge polemic that the name Monsanto and Round Robin bring up,I would just like to relate again an experience I had about 3 years ago with a client of mine.She is a civil rights lawyer here in B.A.in Argentina there is no federal law that regulates the spraying of hebicides.This is left to each province some of which are grossly lax in both establishing and enforcing such legislation.Such is the case in most of the northern provinces.This is known in Spanish as "Obedezco pero no cumplo"-I obey but I do not comply.
In this particular case,a landowner had contracted a private aircraft and pilot
1) To mix Round robin with more potent poisons in order for it to be more effective and

2) To spray in unlawful proximity of a populated area
Due to his contact with the aforementioned substance,the pilot became dangerously ill and lost his job.He came to B:A:to be treated in a public hospital and to go on gov't assistance. It was almost a waste of time to attempt to prosecute said landowner due to the gross negligence involved in these types of regulations in Argentina.Some concern might also be given to regulatory negligence which is rampant in this country.

Back