Changes I Want To See With The New President

Anyone wanting 500 and 1000 pesos bills must have some dirty business hidden underneath the carpet. So this guy wants to spend 100k pesos on something and he doesn't use a debit card/bank transfer... mmmmmhhhh... fishy...
Or be a poor immigrant that was not able to open a bank account yet...

garryl: I really don't mean to be critical.But why should Macri,"give a rat's ass what expats want"? They aren't his constituency.His responsibility is to the Argentine people.This country is in many aspects an enigma.i am sure that you have figured that out by now.You'll have to wait and see.Luckily,for some expats who are permatourists (I'm not saying that this is your case) he has said that they won't be bothered.This is not the case in Chile,Brazil or Uruguay where you can not stay indefinitely on a tourist visa

He has women in his team and his vice is in a wheelchair. It would be good to see darker skinned people and indigenous in his team as well like Trudeau has in Canada. Even peronism for all its 'we defend the poorest in society' (who statistically are darker skinned) is failing on this front.

He has women in his team and his vice is in a wheelchair. It would be good to see darker skinned people and indigenous in his team as well like Trudeau has in Canada. Even peronism for all its 'we defend the poorest in society' (who statistically are darker skinned) is failing on this front.

How about: "It would be good to see qualified people in his team, regardless of their gender or skin color."? I would hope Argentina doesn't start playing the dumb games of counting how many people of different colors there are in a given picture. Getting rid of racism and sexism means not focusing on skin color and gender. Hiring people for their gender or skin color is precisely the opposite of that.

You are assuming that i believe macri should go to missiones or jujuy and pick the first indigenous or dark skinned person he sees. I didnt say they shouldnt be qualified. Vidal and michetti seem qualified so...?

In a way i agree that someones appearance shouldnt matter but the reality is we relate to people that look like us.

And if macri cant find someone qualified from another racial background then that in itself shows theres a huge problem in argentine politics and society which needs to be addressed.

And if macri cant find someone qualified from another racial background then that in itself shows theres a huge problem in argentine politics and society which needs to be addressed.

Getting rid of racism and sexism means not focusing on skin color and gender. Hiring people for their gender or skin color is precisely the opposite of that.

Doesnt it seem strange to you that 99% of argentine politicians dont have the same or similar racial or social background as 50% of the population? The only areas i can think of where theres a better balance is in music and football. Politics, the media, arts, sports, big business heads etc etc are overwhelmingly under representative of the country's racial social make up. Compare argentina with the US which still has huge problems with discrimination and yet black people are found in all areas that ive mentioned. Even the president is black. The level of descrimination and racism i see here in Argentina is like the US or UK 40 or 50 years ago.

Doesnt it seem strange to you that 99% of argentine politicians dont have the same or similar racial or social background as 50% of the population?

No. I don't spend nor waste my time comparing skin tones. If someone's doing a good job, I don't care if they're white as snow or black as coal. As for this supposed level of racism and discrimination that is no different than the pre-civil rights movement US, as a non-caucasian person I am yet to experience it.

Back