Changes I Want To See With The New President

r2d2

Registered
Changes I want to see after the December 10:

- New peso bills ($500, $1000 ...)
- Just being able to go to the ATM and withdraw money from a foreign account without losing 1/3 of the value
- Being able to use my Argentinian ATM card abroad
- Having reasonable import tariffs (vat + x) for goods bought abroad
- Being able to buy via Internet abroad and actually getting the goods in a reasonable time frame
- No more 35% on travel abroad

... and after smoking some crack

- Better security
- More competition in the internet service industry. Faster and more reliable internet service (especially in the provinces)
- Single digit inflation
- Lower taxes on regular cars / more imported models

What changes do you guys want to see?

If reasonably stable over the next two years. Argentina will join Chile on the ESTA Visa Waiver program for US (again). Argentina already had a better visa approval rate than Chile.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- New peso bills ($500, $1000 ...)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- Just being able to go to the ATM and withdraw money from a foreign account without losing 1/3 of the value[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- Having reasonable import tariffs (vat + x) for goods bought abroad [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- Being able to buy via Internet abroad and actually getting the goods in a reasonable time frame[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- Better security [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- More competition in the internet service industry. Faster and more reliable internet service (being able to connect to the fiber cable that's running outside my flat would be nice.)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]- Single digit inflation [/background]

For a start press conferences with competent and prepared people. You know, that you get the filling people know what they are doing...

lower price of iphone nd samsung galaxy...so people stop getting mugged.

- Removal of tax on exports
- Reduction in red tape for business and exporters
- One exchange rate
- A simplified tax system
- A smaller public service (they should have real jobs)
- Larger industry with a focus on innovation and manufacturing
- A free market where funds can flow into and out of the country without being taxed or held up
- Electronic property settlements, not cash
- Fair taxes for farmers, not the huge taxes they pay now
- No government interference with INDEC

One can only wish for these...
- An overall reduction in government interference so that it governs, not mothers the country
- The complete obliteration of the populist movement - it's a failed experiment and should be put down
- Education for the less fortunate and poor so that they can defend themselves from rogue governments
- Clean water for the poorer provinces and access to good medical care
- No government interference in the judicial system
- No government public ownership of companies that should be private
- In general, solid government regulation instead of management for the finance sector and industry
- Obliteration of systemic corruption from all levels of government

I could keep going but these are important to me

I'd like them to be inspired more by European economy, instead of that of South Korea, so more or less what everybody said:
- a stable currency exchange
- less inflation
- a bank and commercial system open toward foreign exchanges

and on top of that:
- more transparency (about food ingredients, about water, in statistics, economics, etc.)
- a [stricter] enforcement of rules*

[*And that it be equals for everybody, not that they rip openly foreigners and then do nothing about Argentine people wrongdoings everyday]

So, that's my letter to Santa....erm... Macri.

Back