Chevron & Cristina's Secret Deal

God, some of the posts in this thread makes my head spin. Chevron is an evil multinational oil conglomerate Hell bent on
one thing: providing returns to investors and they don't care who/what they need to destroy inorder to get it. If you believe
otherwise you either own too many shares of their stock or chose to ignore the environmental destruction they have/continue
to involve themselves in. Anyone claiming otherwise can do as John.St said and prove Ed's list wrong.

On the other hand, Chevron is as smart as they are evil I will admit. They know where the oil and bullshit flows and that's currently
from YPF Headquarters/Casa Rosada in Buenos Aires express to Neuquén. Imagine having the ability to tell a semi-developed
country to jump and it's Dear Leader to say "How high?". It is a excellent from an economic prospective, Argentina gets the all
coveted Benjamins, Neuquén gets jobs, Chevron gets fuels from outside the Middle East, and it makes Argentina look like a
safe place to invest in again since one of the world's leading profitable companies is doing so.

All in all it's a win-win unless you live in Neuquén, care about the Earth/Environment, worry about corporatism/corruption and
economic exploitation.

I can't wait for K-ristina to leave but I fear what the alternative is. It can be often said that people in a democracy get what
they deserve. Looks like Argies are going to choose a different shade of nepotism, corruption and environmental rape.
Anyone else find it strange that when Argentina makes it's bed it never wants to sleep in it?

All in all it's a win-win unless you live in Neuquén, care about the Earth/Environment, worry about corporatism/corruption and
economic exploitation.

Neuquen will be booming soon.

Neuquen will be booming soon.
Absolutely.

Santa Fe province is booming right now.
143350_21_090742.jpg

Aixa, aged 5, has hairy moles all over her body,
comes with the boom when nobody cares about
the health risks.

Absolutely.

Santa Fe province is booming right now.
143350_21_090742.jpg

Aixa, aged 5, has hairy moles all over her body,
comes with the boom when nobody cares about
the health risks.
She is part of the Monsanto mess. There is a very tough problem here. [I do not defend Monsanto, ever] But it is one thing to make chemicals and completely another thing to missuse them. Using round up containers as water buckets is an education problem. Monsanto has some responsibility to do some education. Just for starters.

She is part of the Monsanto mess. There is a very tough problem here. [I do not defend Monsanto, ever] But it is one thing to make chemicals and completely another thing to missuse them. Using round up containers as water buckets is an education problem. Monsanto has some responsibility to do some education. Just for starters.
How is Monsanto responsible for provincial governments, which allow spraying as close as 50 m from schools and private homes, and for authorities, which do not enforce the rules? The rules are broken on a daily basis

Back