Chilean Peso Turista

mikic007

Registered
Anyone knows, if it's possible to buy Chilean pesos officially, if you go by bus to Chile? I'll use credit card for bigger stuff of course, but would like to have some pocket money. ARS is probably impossible to change better than to Blue here, I guess. Any tips? We go to Puerto natales...

Withdraw Chilean Pesos at the ATM in Chile..! you get the Dollar Tarjeta/Argentina rate $12.55 pesos ? On a USA card you get $700 pesos per dollar less fees..!

I got dollars in Chile, but it's been about 6 years.

I was thinking I did 4 years ago, but cant remember really. I know I tried several ATMs and most had the option but for some reason wouldn't allow you to take out dollars.It said transaction not available at present time, i just figured they were out of dollars in the machine. I was thinking that in Puerto Montt I did take out a few dollars. But I'm hoping someone who has been there lately will chime in and give us an update.

I know you can pick them up via xoom, but im not there to try to pickup and tell what happens.

So you can use cc to withdraw there? In Europe never worked to use atms, while paying was not a problem.
Is possible to withdraw with maestro or visa débito? Because I guess there is limit on cc (we are 5...)?

If someone want dollars, I guess you just withdraw ch. pesos and change for dollars.

So in advance is not possible?

Are you sure about that?

Positive . I bank with Banco Santander Santiago.

ATM's only dispense Pesos. If you go inside the Bank you may buy Dollars depending on the bank and amount, some Banks have special foreign exchange services for clients . Casas de Cambio like AFEX can sell dollars, or deliver dollars from a wire transfer.

Back