Chinese supermarkets for dummies?

Bajo_cero2 said:
The employer get the fine of 95.000 pesos per employed. However they offer some kind of plea bargaining for 14.000.

And if the "employer" is a foreigner could they face deportation or could they also apply for citizenship?

Would this apply to any unlicensed business, even if it it small...such as an apartment referral agency?

Does AFIP even care about small unlicensed business run by foreigners who employ other foreigners en negro?

Bajo_cero2 said:
The employes get an ultimatum to reguralize in 30 days or the deportation process begings. After 3 months the deportation order is enacted...Regarding employeds, my strategy is to go for citizenship because then they are under federal jurisdiction and the Immigration Office can t do anything.

And do the employees still have the right to make claims against the employer for unpaid benefits or would all sums (including fines) paid by the employer go to the government?

steveinbsas said:
And if the "employer" is a foreigner could they face deportation or could they also apply for citizenship?

Yes, he might. Citizenship solves any issue regarding immigration.

steveinbsas said:
Would this apply to any unlicensed business, even if it it small...such as an apartment referral agency?

I guess but, being honest, they are focus on supermarkets and chineses.

steveinbsas said:
Does AFIP even care about small unlicensed business run by foreigners who employ other foreigners en negro?

They cannot because they are not allow to work, so they cannot pay taxes even if they want. I assuming you talk aboput foreigners without legal residence.

steveinbsas said:
And do the employees still have the right to make claims against the employer for unpaid benefits or would all sums (including fines) paid by the employer go to the government?

They have full rights, I have 2 labor cases of irregulars right now. In fact, they have a better situation to get a compensation because while this is discussed at SECLO (the pre-judicial mediation institution) the afip and the immigration office are not notified but, once the case goes to Court they are notifies and the compensation includes the fines.
Regards

Regards

Thanks for the article. Interesting read.

Last weekend I saw the movie Un Cuento Chino. Of course it have nothing to do with the topic, but it was a nice movie & Darin is awesome. I <3 him. :)

Back