Chinese Trains Arrive In Buenos Aires

garryl

Registered
The first 40 will be used on San Martin line. The blue color is decided by CFK.

http://www.railwaybulletin.com/2013/01/chinese-emu-trains-for-buenos-aires

http://world.people.com.cn/n/2013/0301/c1002-20648981.html this Chinese website says it received a great review
by the people who sit on the trains, much better than the 100 years old European trains. Good luck taking those trains.

It says they're going to be used on the Sarmiento line not the San Martin,

Speaking of the San Martin, I rode that the line the other day, what a dump! Add cops or security guards to the train please and it'd be nice if you washed them every once in a while!

Am I reading this correctly, Argentina's not even paying for them? Well only 15%. Sounds like a great deal...
Around 85% of the total contract value is supported by funds from the Chinese government under a ten-year soft loan.

It says they're going to be used on the Sarmiento line not the San Martin,

Speaking of the San Martin, I rode that the line the other day, what a dump! Add cops or security guards to the train please and it'd be nice if you washed them every once in a while!

Even the Mitre line, which used to be a relative pleasure, is now disastrous.

Soon the world will be renamed the peoples republic of china and our other countries.

Brazil won't be happy, what happened to mercosur and South American solidarity!

All the nice new subway trains in Chile i rode in were made in Brazil, did they sell some rights to stuff in return for infrastructure from the Chinese like a lot of African countries have?

All the nice new subway trains in Chile i rode in were made in Brazil, did they sell some rights to stuff in return for infrastructure from the Chinese like a lot of African countries have?

And the entire Chilean subway system is beautifully maintained - not a splot of graffiti anywhere.

Probably the Brazilian manufacturer could not match the financing terms offered by the Chinese, such as no money down and and a 15 years installment plan.

And the entire Chilean subway system is beautifully maintained - not a splot of graffiti anywhere.

So is the subway in Valparaiso, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia and Caracas. I am not sure what sociological phenomena drove the portenos to trash their subway system. Maybe extreme frustration with he city government?

Back