Chinese Trains Help To Resume The Link Between Cordoba/bsas

11621062_970547.jpg

By 8.2015, all trains will arrive, for south ? lines.

Is there any fast train service between Rosario and CABA?

The pictures with the flourescent overhead lights certainly mske it look basic. Haven't seen that sort of lighting on equipment in the US for decades. I do like the single seats on one side. I notice some windows have small panes at the top. Do these open? Is there a dining car or just a cafe / snack car? Have you seen the sleepers? As for Amtrak, they don't run any local trains out of SF. That would be some regional transportation agency, Caltrans? The only Amtrak trains in the SF area I know of go to LA and Seattle and points east to Chicago. I believe they use the double decker Superliner cars which are really nice. I don't think there is much else except maybe a train to Bakersfield. Whatever equipment they run would be no less than the standard single level cars which are a lot nicer than what I saw in the photos here. The New Yorker article I referred to is my only source of info on Chinese railways. It was a long and indepth analysis that mentiined a lot of safety problems and tremendous skimming off of funds by corrupt officials. I din't think China is up to French, Germsn or Spanish stanards in passenger train comfort or design but Argentina is stuck with a trade relationship with China. I assume China is essentially subsidizing Argentina with these trajns so as to assure its supply of commodities.

Caltrain is a commuter system from San Francisco down the Peninsula to San Jose. Amtrak operates out of Oakland (south to LA) and Emeryville (east across the country). Long-distance passenger service is hardly viable at present in California.

BART, however, works very well as a regional commuter system. It's less useful within the cities of San Francisco and Oakland themselves.

Nice to dream. When Nestor was President there was a lot of talk about a bullet train to Cordoba. Studies were done. I wonder where the money for these studies went. As I recall the builder was French. I guess some functionaries got a few nice trips to Paris out of the deal. Meanwhile, the new Chinese trains run at less than half the speed of the 1930s. Just getting back to the 1960s quality service would involve a massive investment.
There was an independant study that exposed the fact that the Argie "bullet train" to Rosario was going to be affordable to the wealthy only. Then the was a expose involving some under the table deals involving Nestor's personal bank account and the Paris Club. Then it all evaporated

There was an independant study that exposed the fact that the Argie "bullet train" to Rosario was going to be affordable to the wealthy only. Then the was a expose involving some under the table deals involving Nestor's personal bank account and the Paris Club. Then it all evaporated

Nah that can't be right it was only 5% of the costs after all.

If Argentina doesn't aim to use trains for cargo transportation, there is almost no point for modernization of tracks. But I heard truckers and bus companies don't like trains, so probably it will never happen. Usually only cargo division is profitable part of train business...

If Argentina doesn't aim to use trains for cargo transportation, there is almost no point for modernization of tracks. But I heard truckers and bus companies don't like trains, so probably it will never happen. Usually only cargo division is profitable part of train business...

Especially when Argentina enjoys such state-of-the-art highways uniting the entire country in a seamlessly efficient network...

Back