Chromecast In Argentina.

Bring it from the States. It will wind up being cheaper and probably at least one generation ahead of what is available here.

He will need to declare it and pay 50% value on anything over 300 USD.

By any chance, does anyone have any experience ce with brining a TV to Argentina. I'm assuming they let you take it as cary on luggage. I told my Argentine friend that he'd have to pay major impuestos soon arriving to Ezeiza so he's evaluating the pros and cons of buying it in the States or buying a TV in Buenos Aires.

Once I brought 24" monitor in hand luggage, desktop pc in other luggage, some electronics and phones. All was used, but they couldn't know because no one checked. I never filled any paper, since never understood what they want and never had any problems.

But I guess big TV is impossible to smuggle in and in this case better to pay 50%. I heard they can ignore your invoice, but only if the price is ridiculously low, as happened to my friend who made some deal with the seller. But as far as I know, they do that in every country, because the guys really understand their work and is hard to trick them.and they have always the last word...

I think he's siding on bringing one and paying 50% in taxes rather than buy one in Garbarino or some place like that. Even with the taxes I imagine it would be cheaper that way

I think he's siding on bringing one and paying 50% in taxes rather than buy one in Garbarino or some place like that. Even with the taxes I imagine it would be cheaper that way

I just wanted to point out, that they usually take receipt into account, stories circling around generally refer to people trying to trick aduana.

Yes, I'm very sure you'll pay less buying it in USA, just don't let them break it in the luggage. Good luck!

Is there any benefit if you are a citizen of both the US and Argentina when bringing stuff to Arg? Plan on heading to Arg in jan and will be working. Id like to bring a backup laptop, chromecast, and my family might want me to bring some stuff back as well. If I brought 3 laptops with me, what can i expect?

I thought I had heard from someone who did this, that there had been a problem with some kind of bandwidth or transmission frequency or some technical whatchamacallit when he brought a TV from the states. But that might have been five years ago and maybe the tvs are now universally adaptable? Buying just the monitor is probably issue free but obviously not the same. In either case a transformer would be needed I suspect but that's NBD.

I have taken two Sony televisions to ARG, both of which were purchased after 2011. 110-220 voltage on both, plugged them in, turned them on, no problems. This after hearing stories about needing some sort of converter. It's possible the better the product, the better the result.

I have been saving money for buying TV for many years. But its very expensive here.

I am thinking of buying from US Say for 600 usd..so here the dutu would be 300 usd = 2800 pesos?

I have taken two Sony televisions to ARG, both of which were purchased after 2011. 110-220 voltage on both, plugged them in, turned them on, no problems. This after hearing stories about needing some sort of converter. It's possible the better the product, the better the result.
Most should work without problems here. The only thing that will most likely not work out of the box is receive the digital over the air channels (Televisión Digital Abierta) here with a TV from the US. But you can get a cheap set-top box for those.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sequoia1321 Expat Life 40
Back