Chromecast In Argentina.

I have been saving money for buying TV for many years. But its very expensive here.

I am thinking of buying from US Say for 600 usd..so here the dutu would be 300 usd = 2800 pesos?

When looking about 4-5 years ago it was cheaper to fly to Chile, buy a tv, fly back and pay import taxes than to buy a tv here.

I have this roku device.

But its useless here as all channels of Roku are locked out here.

When looking about 4-5 years ago it was cheaper to fly to Chile, buy a tv, fly back and pay import taxes than to buy a tv here.
It still can be interesting. Especially if you shop around a little. The sometimes have pretty good deals in Santiago.

We bought our tv during the mundial specials and got a pretty good deal. And I just bought a chromecast while in the states and it was a total gamechanger. So easy to use, even for me (not tech savvy!). Using it with netflix, youtube and crackle, and also streaming other sites with the chrome extension CastBuddy.

The latest update is my friend decided to buy a Samsung 48" flat screen TV and check it on he airplane in its original box since it's shipped to the U.S. In that same box. Unrealized it having 120v that it will need a transformer with protector. Any recommendations for a good transformer? I was searching the web and you have to go by the wattage and Best Buy doesn't know and Samsung keeps cutting me off whenever they transfer me to the appropriate extension

If you know the exact model, try looking it up on the manufacturer's website (search for technical specifications). Max. power consumption is typically listed there.

If you know the exact model, try looking it up on the manufacturer's website (search for technical specifications). Max. power consumption is typically listed there.

Believe it or not that didn't occur to me. Too much work has frazzled my brain. The website did have the specs. The maximum output is 105 watts. A transformer with up to 500 watts in BsAs on Mercadolibre is only $399 pesos, much cheaper than in the States so my friend is going to buy the TV at Best Buy and the transformer on Mercadolibre.

I have this roku device.

But its useless here as all channels of Roku are locked out here.

I am using Roku to access Netflix and Amazon Prime on our TV along with the Unlocator DNS service on our router with no issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sequoia1321 Expat Life 40
Back