Church in Palermo Soho

chris said:
I stand corrected on the date. The rest of what I said is correct. The church was very badly damaged.

I was referring to parishes in BA when I said that it's the only Catholic parish I know of with a coffee hour. I did not mean in the US. Different culture, different style. Madre Admirable parish is an exception. They've worked hard to please the expat community. I was trying to be helpful with the information, Napoleon. I wasn't trying to argue.

I wasn't trying to argue. I was just correcting you and then saying that after service coffee is a good idea. It builds community and it's something that churches (that don't currently do this) should look into.

I thought that your post was helpful. Don't worry about not understanding mine, I'm not the intended audience.

Yes you are right that the coffee hour is a way of building a community but it just hasn't caught on in Argentina. At Madre Admirable, for example, there is no social hour after any of the Spanish language masses. As far as I know, that is the way in every Catholic parish in BA. By the way, there is another English mass in the suburbs (Zona Norte). It's often advertised in the BA Herald. I believe there are more families involved there.

Back