Circus in town?

The US Ambassador's residence is also lit up in purple (or it was last time I drove by at night). Surely the two are related? I thought it had something to do with a cause like Breast Cancer Awareness. But I can't find anything about it anywhere.

It has to be for Breast Cancer Awareness. The Chilean Presidential Palace is also lit up. The photo looks to be the exact same color of lights as the US Ambassador's residence in BA and the Arg Presidential Palace. Looks purple but is suppose to be pink... In which case, its not such a joke...

could be cancer awareness, but it's been like that for 4 weeks now and since yesterday the lights now change colors to show the argentine flag horizontally and vertically. problem is that pink paint does not reflect the blue and white lights as intended and kinda looks like a mess. :)

I think someone in the gov't has a "thing" for LEDs ...

edit: the purple lights have been in place since July, and for cancer awareness this year BA light up Tecnopolis and some fountains. I guess the circus is here to stay :/

I've seen it that way for weeks (granted I don't delight going centro often) .

I think - bear with me - that's the way they allow it to remain pink at night! If Casa Rosada even momentarily loses its blush the figure of the president would be discredited and the whole country would sink down to chaos, corruption and ultimately anarchy...

Nothing new, the pink house is now definitely pink. It has been like this for a few months now...I dont think it is temporary.

Back