Citizenship for parents of Argentinian born children

IR_19_

Registered
Hello,
I read somewhere that parents (foreigners) of children born in Argentina may apply for citizenship immediately (without having spent 2 years in the country). Is this true?
If so, how long does it take to become a citizen? and are there any other requirements?
Thank you..

Wow so many people all of a sudden want to come with their pregnant partner to give birth here?

Certain participants here must be rubbing their hand in glee. Objective achieved ; will sleep in peace tonight, hopefully.

Hello,
I read somewhere that parents (foreigners) of children born in Argentina may apply for citizenship immediately (without having spent 2 years in the country). Is this true?
If so, how long does it take to become a citizen? and are there any other requirements?
Thank you..

This is not true. You do not get citizenship granted before 2 years of residence based on your child being a citizen of Argentina.

This is not true. You do not get citizenship granted before 2 years of residence based on your child being a citizen of Argentina.

November 23. 2018

Bajo_Cero2 What is the new requirement now? On a similar note, can foreigners whose baby is born here apply for citizenship immediately? Or they have to wait for 2 years? Thanks.

The DNU 70/2017 didn’t change the art. 2.2 of the law 346 so you can apply as soon as your baby has the birth certificate.

Source: https://www.baexpats.org/threads/a-question-about-citizenship-please.40584/page-4

Wow so many people all of a sudden want to come with their pregnant partner to give birth here?

I suppose a new article has appeared on some Preppers website somewhere. I don't know what keywords you'd need to to search for it but I don't think ICBA to anyway.

Bajo_Cero2 What is the new requirement now? On a similar note, can foreigners whose baby is born here apply for citizenship immediately? Or they have to wait for 2 years? Thanks.

The DNU 70/2017 didn’t change the art. 2.2 of the law 346 so you can apply as soon as your baby has the birth certificate.

Art 2.2 of ley 346 does not say anything about citizen children.

Since nicoenarg quoted me instead of Bajo_cero2 in the last post, BC2 may not have read his reply. Hopefully, he will see that I quoted him again (a post from a different thread) and provide additional information about law regarding citizenship for parents of a child born in Argentina.

Since nicoenarg quoted me instead of Bajo_cero2 in the last post, BC2 may not have read his reply. Hopefully, he will see that I quoted him again (a post from a different thread) and provide additional information about law regarding citizenship for parents of a child born in Argentina.

Nothing changed.
However, I do not understand what does he mean with citizen children.

The DNU 70/2017 didn’t change the art. 2.2 of the law 346 so you can apply as soon as your baby has the birth certificate. en.

Is there some doctrine, higher court decisions that explain that? My court says that one fo the oficios they should send is to migraciones- and if they will receive answer that DNI is en tramite that will stop the case, so they prefer to wait for DNI (which can take even longer then citizenship itself!).

Last edited:
Back