Citizenship Options - Overstay Tourist Visa, Or Legit Route?

No. To live here is a requirement you cannot by pass.
One more dumb question, does that apply to someone whos son is an Argentine citizen? can they still not apply abroad? in other words there is no way you can apply for citizenship under any circumstances abroad?

can someone explain the steps to getting the FBI report?

Here is my situation:

I am married to an Argentine, I have been living here for 3 years without ever having blown my stay. I usually have had to leave every 3 months for a work trip to the states. Other times I had done the Uruguay run to get another 3 months. I also use my Italian passport at times so that all the stamps are not in the same passport. I have never had any trouble.

I am looking to get residency now, and I am trying to figure out what documents I need.

I assume I will need:

FBI report
Birth certificate
US Passport
Marriage certificate (from here so thats easy)
My wife's DNI (or just drag her along with me)

Am I forgetting anything?

I would appreciate the advice of anyone who has already gone through this before. Thanks in advance!

don't bother stay irregular no one cares unless you love endless tramites of course

What..? A foreigner can pay in AR Pesos? I thought only in Dollars (US)..

Just 3 weeks ago I renewed my US passport in pesos at the official rate.

WINNING!!

Why wouldn't pesos be accepted? It's the official currency of Argentina.

Can you expand on this - what kind of problems can it cause later if I get the 90-day tourist visa extension? Or did you mean something else by "prórroga"? thanks
Nothing can override the date of the prórroga (= extension) and you can only do this once, then you have to leave Argentina, meaning that if you e.g. go to Uruguay on the last day of your extension, you cannot return the same day; if you go before the last day, you'll have to outwait the last day of the extension. If your prórroga (= extension) is dated e.g. 15th and you go to Uruguay and back on the 14th, then you'll get a visa for 1 (one) day until the 15th - search site, lots of bad experience.

This is correct. Nobody asserted seriously that with 1 month you get a DNI. You have to study the whole year.

There are many other options at public universities that are for free. The Dnm has a list of the institution recognized by them.

Where would i find the list of free universities? and do they also offer Spanish for foreigners?

Just 3 weeks ago I renewed my US passport in pesos at the official rate.

WINNING!!

Why wouldn't pesos be accepted? It's the official currency of Argentina.

The restriction regarding paying in pesos is regarding tourism: flights, etc.

Back