Citizenship

does anyone know how much does it cost now publishing the 2x edictos in La Nacion? Asking for a friend. I guess he can ask the court to change the newspaper if it's too expensive these days.
I hope to find out shortly.

Or you can ask if they would accept an apostilled letter from your foreign company official describing what kind of work do you do for them and how much money they paid you last year.
The same judge already rejected that kind of evidence. She said she cannoy check if it is a legit company because it is abroad. The reason of using an accountant is because he is alike a notary, whatever he signs has a presumption of truth that has to be attacked at the judgment of revocation after the delivery of the citizenship letter.

This has me thinking of the future. What should someone I my case have to showing? I'm here on a student visa and i had a show an account with sufficient income to survive. What would be required of me when they ask for income or whatever? I guess I should start saving those receipts.
Studying is not accepted because Roman Law says so. To be rich or middle class is neither a requirement. But if you teach English to some other students and they pay you some and they declare that at Court, that is Ok, nobody cares how much money you make.

does anyone know how much does it cost now publishing the 2x edictos in La Nacion? Asking for a friend. I guess he can ask the court to change the newspaper if it's too expensive these days.
About 50k pesos.

(if you get in trouble) = If you are arrested or detained as a dual US-Argentine Citizen, i don't think the Argentine government has any obligation to allow the US consulate to see you since you are an Argentine Citizen first and foremost while within Argentina. If you were a permanent resident US citizen, you could still be visited by US consulate on your well-being and state.

What your'e thinking about is just normal stuff, and that's fine and operates as you'd expect.

Except you _can't_ give up US citizenship without squaring yourself with US income taxes. You can't make billions in the US and then abscond to Argentina to avoid paying US income taxes.
This.

Note 3 in my British Passport states that a British Citizen who holds dual citizenship cannot get diplomatic help from the British Government while they are in the other country where they hold citizenship. I should imagine that most other nationalities place similar notes - either in the passports that they issue or in some other readily accessible place.

Sending my case to the fiscal now? They want a new certificado de dormicilio. Everything on the court side is wrapped up except for the fiscal side.

Studying is not accepted because Roman Law says so. To be rich or middle class is neither a requirement. But if you teach English to some other students and they pay you some and they declare that at Court, that is Ok, nobody cares how much money you make.
You misunderstood. I'm asking what would the court expect of me since I'm on a student visa. All income I bring into the country is only by western union. But because I had to show a bank account with enough money prior to getting the visa, I wonder if the process will be easier for me when I have to provide details of the money I brought into the country.

I realize my last post had tons of errors. Sometimes I have my phone keyboard set to Spanish and when I type in English it changes a lot without me knowing.

This has me thinking of the future. What should someone I my case have to showing? I'm here on a student visa and i had a show an account with sufficient income to survive. What would be required of me when they ask for income or whatever? I guess I should start saving those receipts.

You misunderstood. I'm asking what would the court expect of me since I'm on a student visa. All income I bring into the country is only by western union. But because I had to show a bank account with enough money prior to getting the visa, I wonder if the process will be easier for me when I have to provide details of the money I brought into the country.

If I undertand correctly, you were granted the student visa after showing migraciones that you had sufficient funds in the bank to support yourself while you are "studying" in Argentina, and migraciones did not actually require that you demonstrate that you have a current source of income (even if you do).

One of the requisites of citizenship is that you can demonstrate "an honest means of living." Simply having money in a bank will not fulfill that requirment. The court wants to see that you have a source of income and that it is not generated by criminal activity.

The income can be from a foreign source, such as Social Security, or income generated in Argentina, such as teaching English, as Bajo_cero2 indicated.

If I undertand correctly, you were granted the student visa after showing migraciones that you had sufficient funds in the bank to support yourself while you are "studying" in Argentina, and migraciones did not actually require that you demonstrate that you have a current source of income (even if you do).

One of the requisites of citizenship is that you can demonstrate "an honest means of living." Simply having money in a bank will not fulfill that requirment. The court wants to see that you have a source of income and that it is not generated by criminal activity.

The income can be from a foreign source, such as Social Security, or income generated in Argentina, such as teaching English, as Bajo_cero2 indicated.
I have income coming from the US (not retirement income or social security). I wonder if I'll run into an issue with the taxes once showing a foreign source of income. I think it was mentioned earlier that the student visa may eliminate my requirement for paying taxes. I probably should verify that.

I have income coming from the US (not retirement income or social security). I wonder if I'll run into an issue with the taxes once showing a foreign source of income. I think it was mentioned earlier that the student visa may eliminate my requirement for paying taxes. I probably should verify that.
As far as I know, as long as you have temporary residency based on the student visa, you shouldn't have to make income declaractions or pay income tax in Argentina (at least not on your foreign income).

And, also as far as I know, once you become an Argentine citizen, you will only have to pay tax in Argentia on your foreign income if you stay in Argentina for more than six months of the year.

Income you earn in Argentina, of course, will be subject to declaration and taxation, whether you are student or a citizen.

Last edited:
Back