Citizenship

The same judge already rejected that kind of evidence. She said she cannoy check if it is a legit company because it is abroad.
Perhaps she has already changed her mind. Who knows. In any case, it is reasonable to make suggestions and offer things that are easier to get for you. If they agree with it - cool, if they don't ask for an alternative.

You misunderstood. I'm asking what would the court expect of me since I'm on a student visa. All income I bring into the country is only by western union. But because I had to show a bank account with enough money prior to getting the visa, I wonder if the process will be easier for me when I have to provide details of the money I brought into the country.

I realize my last post had tons of errors. Sometimes I have my phone keyboard set to Spanish and when I type in English it changes a lot without me knowing.
Visas are for immigration, citizenship is in another law.

I have income coming from the US (not retirement income or social security). I wonder if I'll run into an issue with the taxes once showing a foreign source of income. I think it was mentioned earlier that the student visa may eliminate my requirement for paying taxes. I probably should verify that.
Nobody cares about taxes because art. 20 of the NC is a tax exeption. You should not be worry about that.

I have income coming from the US (not retirement income or social security). I wonder if I'll run into an issue with the taxes once showing a foreign source of income. I think it was mentioned earlier that the student visa may eliminate my requirement for paying taxes. I probably should verify that.
My spouse has a legit above board legal job here in Argentina and we used that for being able to show i support myself.

Argentine taxes on foreign income are oppressive. I would avoid exposing yourself to that.

My spouse has a legit above board legal job here in Argentina and we used that for being able to show i support myself.
It is great to know that the court (at least one of them) accepted the income of a spouse as evidence of a legal means of living.

It actually means that you don't have to show that you can support yourself if you can show that you are being supported by your spouse.

Argentine taxes on foreign income are oppressive. I would avoid exposing yourself to that.
If what I have read in other posts is correct, Argentine taxes on foreign income are non-existent on Argentine citizens if they stay out of the counrty for more than six months of the year.

Not everyone who applies for Argentine citizenship has a desire to live here. Some just want a second passport and some of them will "game the system" by getting temporary residency which does not require them to pay taxes on their foreign income while they are satisfying the two year residency requirement for citizenship.

I am not being critical of anyone who does this. In fact, I think it is a "brilliant" strategy.

Last edited:
If what I have read in other posts is correct, Argentine taxes on foreign income are non-existent on Argentine citizens if they stay out of the counrty for more than six months of the year.
Edu R has posted a couple of times on this matter recently. His/her interpretation seems to be as follows:

There is no fixed maximum number of days a citizen or resident can spend in Argentina each year which, by keeping below, one can maintain one's tax-free status (assuming one gained taxable status in the first place, and then purposely lost it by staying out of the country for 12 continuous months).​

If I understand Edu R correctly, regardless of how much time one spends in Argentina in any given year, AFIP could deem one to be (or have again become) a resident for tax purposes. It would then be up to the individual to contest that judgement (seemingly via the court).

If Edu R is correct (and if this were to ever actually happen), my add-on (guess) would be that the individual would fight the case by arguing that Argentina is not the center of his or her life, which he or she would do based on the extent to which he or she maintains financial and personal relationships in another country.

It is great to know that the court (at least one of them) accepted the income of a spouse as evidence of a legal means of living.

It actually means that you don't have to show that you can support yourself if you can show that you are being supported by your spouse.

Not everyone who applies for Argentine citizenship has a desire to live here. Some just want a second passport and some of them will "game the system" by getting temporary residency which does not require them to pay taxes on their foreign income while they are satisfying the two year residency requirement for citizenship.

I am not being critical of anyone who does this. In fact, I think it is a "brilliant" strategy.
Technically, i'm supporting my wife while she works for a gainful employment as a stay-at-home dad.

OK, so in 2 weeks, the juzgada wants me to call them and discuss the status.

They sent this to the fiscal this week after saying they're all done on their end.

Not sure if good/bad sign.

As far as I know practically everything country in the world (aside from the tax free countries) have the same rule. If you live there "full time" you must pay taxes on world wide income. The United States on the other hand is the only country that I know of that forces citizens to pay taxes on foreign income even if they no longer live in the US.

Back