Citizenship

Anyone had Mercedes Maquieira as their judge? Any thoughts as to whether she is tough on citizenship cases?
She is fine. Not the easies not the hardest. Do you have Sec 17 or 18? 18 is better than 17 IMO. What matters more is the secretario and the clerks. Unfortunately, both 17 and 18 are relatively slow to process work and respond. So need to be patient.

PJN says Secretary 18 and Dr. Rafael Alberto Espinola are assigned to my case. We'll see how it goes but things seem to be moving along

PJN says Secretary 18 and Dr. Rafael Alberto Espinola are assigned to my case. We'll see how it goes but things seem to be moving along
Ok 18 was mine as well. Espinola is the fiscal. Also the one I had.

I'm finally done with this :cool: just got my "carta de ciudadanía" this morning. I started the process in June 2020, so it was affected by the pandemic, in both positive and negative ways, so it took 2 years and 3 months. It could have been faster, there were opportunities to move it along more quickly, but they weren't taken. I had a lawyer; however, as dsp27 and others have demonstrated, it's not absolutely necessary.

I'm holding off applying for my brand new DNI for 10 days or so (I have a foreign trip coming up shortly), so I can report on that part later. The initial feedback I got on two points was: 1. the "auto de identidad" referenced by bajo-cero a few pages back is redundant, due to having the old DNI number printed on the back of the new one. 2. I don't need a "certificado de domicilio" to have the correct address on my new DNI, I can just state my current address at RENAPER when I go there for my DNI.

I'm finally done with this :cool: just got my "carta de ciudadanía" this morning. I started the process in June 2020, so it was affected by the pandemic, in both positive and negative ways, so it took 2 years and 3 months. It could have been faster, there were opportunities to move it along more quickly, but they weren't taken. I had a lawyer; however, as dsp27 and others have demonstrated, it's not absolutely necessary.

I'm holding off applying for my brand new DNI for 10 days or so (I have a foreign trip coming up shortly), so I can report on that part later. The initial feedback I got on two points was: 1. the "auto de identidad" referenced by bajo-cero a few pages back is redundant, due to having the old DNI number printed on the back of the new one. 2. I don't need a "certificado de domicilio" to have the correct address on my new DNI, I can just state my current address at RENAPER when I go there for my DNI.
Congrats again and welcome to the club!

It sounds like my drivers license needs to be completely restarted from the beginning. :(
Ouch, that would be a complete PITA. I held off getting mine because I didn't want the hassle of trying to get a new DNI on it... but I certainly didn't expect something like that.

You're not based in CABA, right? In CABA new rules are being applied for the driving test, you now have to take a test on public roads.

I applied for my new DNI today (at Renaper on the corner of Av. Colon and Umberto Primo). The process took about 30 mins in total, I paid my 300 pesos with my debit card (no cash), and I was able to state my new address without having had to get a "certificado de domicilio". Unfortunately they weren't accepting express applications, so I'll have to wait the 20 working days to receive the DNI.

I'm told that once I have the DNI I can get my passport at Aeroparque in 4 hours. The passport office there is on the ground floor close to the check-in area.

I applied for my new DNI today (at Renaper on the corner of Av. Colon and Umberto Primo). The process took about 30 mins in total, I paid my 300 pesos with my debit card (no cash), and I was able to state my new address without having had to get a "certificado de domicilio". Unfortunately they weren't accepting express applications, so I'll have to wait the 20 working days to receive the DNI.

I'm told that once I have the DNI I can get my passport at Aeroparque in 4 hours. The passport office there is on the ground floor close to the check-in area.
You can get the passport EXPRESS at Renaper it costs 7.500 pesos and it arrives in the mail within 96hrs aka 3 business days. Pasaporte al instante at the airport costs 25.000. So unless you need it that very same day it's an overshoot.

My DNI argentino arrived in less than 20 working says. More like 6-7 dias habiles. And yes, they do not do express DNI the very first time you apply with Carta de ciudadania as they need to verify the validity of the carta etc. Thereafter, yes...

I was hugely impressed to receive an email from Renaper this afternoon inviting me to download my digital DNI to Mi Argentina on my phone... somewhat less impressed to find that after inputting the code they sent me and following all the steps, I'm apparently trying to download someone else's DNI ("El DNI Digital que intentaste descargar no es el tuyo". Oops... I'm waiting for the Renaper Whatsapp to respond and for them to resolve this.

Back