Citizenship

I was hugely impressed to receive an email from Renaper this afternoon inviting me to download my digital DNI to Mi Argentina on my phone... somewhat less impressed to find that after inputting the code they sent me and following all the steps, I'm apparently trying to download someone else's DNI ("El DNI Digital que intentaste descargar no es el tuyo". Oops... I'm waiting for the Renaper Whatsapp to respond and for them to resolve this.
You need your new number to be able to down load it

I was hugely impressed to receive an email from Renaper this afternoon inviting me to download my digital DNI to Mi Argentina on my phone... somewhat less impressed to find that after inputting the code they sent me and following all the steps, I'm apparently trying to download someone else's DNI ("El DNI Digital que intentaste descargar no es el tuyo". Oops... I'm waiting for the Renaper Whatsapp to respond and for them to resolve this.
There's no mistake. You must first uninstall MiArgentina from your phone and re-download it. What happened is that the system cannot recognize the new DNI number with the old one 95.xxx.xxx.... still in the log of the phone. It seems a mismatch and hence the error. Try this and it should work. Your new DNI number will be 19.10x.xxx.

There's no mistake. You must first uninstall MiArgentina from your phone and re-download it. What happened is that the system cannot recognize the new DNI number with the old one 95.xxx.xxx.... still in the log of the phone. It seems a mismatch and hence the error. Try this and it should work. Your new DNI number will be 19.10x.xxx.
You would also need to crate a new profile with the new DNI. And after that you can delete the old one. In order to find out your DNI and create miArgentina, send a DM to RENAPER on twitter with the numero de tramite. They will tell you you new DNI.
P.S. Also WhatsApp should work too, but generally they respond quicker on Twitter:)

Last edited:
You would also need to crate a new profile with the new DNI. And after that you can delete the old one. In order to find out your DNI and create miArgentina, send a DM to RENAPER on twitter with the numero de tramite. They will tell you you new DNI.
P.S. Also WhatsApp should work too, but generally they respond quicker on Twitter:)
As ever, dsp27 has all the info at hand :cool: I contacted Renaper via DM on Twitter (and they do react much quicker there, by comparison, they answered my question in Whatsapp after 24 hours). They recommended:

1) Desinstale del teléfono la aplicación Mi Argentina.
2) Vuelva a instalarla.
3) Reinicie el equipo y vuelva a ingresar su usuario en Mi Argentina.
4) Siga las indicaciones para instalar el DNI en el celular.
5) Ingrese el código que le enviamos (recuerde que este tiene una validez de 72 horas) AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDD.

I should mention that Mi Argentina was available for me on the Apple App Store, even though I'm not in the Argentina region and can't easily change this.

The email they had sent me with the activation code, naturally enough, mentioned none of this. Before I forget, @Brian_is_here, yes, I had to ask Renaper on Twitter for my new DNI number, which they gave me, and I also had to generate my new CUIL on https://www.argentina.gob.ar/servicio/solicitar-constancia-de-cuil. The process is online, and I downloaded a PDF with the CUIL.

OK, so to fast-forward through this stream of consciousness account, I input everything into the newly installed Mi Argentina app and I got "Error inesperado, vuelva a intentar mas tarde" when trying to create the account :-( Unfortunately, Renaper deny all responsibility for what happens in the app, and pointed me to https://twitter.com/innovacionar, who, of course, don't allow DMs, but I did find a link to an online complaint form
https://www.argentina.gob.ar/miargentina/consulta which allowed me to input the details of my problem. Hopefully this saga will have a happy ending, more updates later :)

As ever, dsp27 has all the info at hand :cool: I contacted Renaper via DM on Twitter (and they do react much quicker there, by comparison, they answered my question in Whatsapp after 24 hours). They recommended:

1) Desinstale del teléfono la aplicación Mi Argentina.
2) Vuelva a instalarla.
3) Reinicie el equipo y vuelva a ingresar su usuario en Mi Argentina.
4) Siga las indicaciones para instalar el DNI en el celular.
5) Ingrese el código que le enviamos (recuerde que este tiene una validez de 72 horas) AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDD.

I should mention that Mi Argentina was available for me on the Apple App Store, even though I'm not in the Argentina region and can't easily change this.

The email they had sent me with the activation code, naturally enough, mentioned none of this. Before I forget, @Brian_is_here, yes, I had to ask Renaper on Twitter for my new DNI number, which they gave me, and I also had to generate my new CUIL on https://www.argentina.gob.ar/servicio/solicitar-constancia-de-cuil. The process is online, and I downloaded a PDF with the CUIL.

OK, so to fast-forward through this stream of consciousness account, I input everything into the newly installed Mi Argentina app and I got "Error inesperado, vuelva a intentar mas tarde" when trying to create the account :-( Unfortunately, Renaper deny all responsibility for what happens in the app, and pointed me to https://twitter.com/innovacionar, who, of course, don't allow DMs, but I did find a link to an online complaint form
https://www.argentina.gob.ar/miargentina/consulta which allowed me to input the details of my problem. Hopefully this saga will have a happy ending, more updates later :)
create the account online - web - not on the app and then just login from the phone. before you do that delete and reinstall the app.

create the account online - web - not on the app and then just login from the phone. before you do that delete and reinstall the app.
Sounded like a good idea, but I get "El correo electrónico ya se encuentra registrado".

try "olvide mi contrasena" and have it sent to your email:)
I tried... I can reset the password, but not access the old profile, nor create a new profile because "El correo electrónico ya se encuentra registrado". All online, not through the app. I have received an email from the "Mesa de ayuda" of Mi Argentina so I suppose I should wait for them to come up with a solution. I suppose I could use a different email address but yuck.

I tried... I can reset the password, but not access the old profile, nor create a new profile because "El correo electrónico ya se encuentra registrado". All online, not through the app. I have received an email from the "Mesa de ayuda" of Mi Argentina so I suppose I should wait for them to come up with a solution. I suppose I could use a different email address but yuck.
Not sure I understand. If you log in with the new dni and the recovered password do you get an error message?
In any case there is no rush, you have a dni number assigned so you should receive the plastic in the second half of next week. Use the trámite number to follow your delivery with Renaper and with correos. It would be in the correos system by Monday.

PS you cannot get a passport with the digital DNI. You need the plastic.

DO read your DNI carefully to make sure they inputted the meta data in correct. They put my birth place as Argentina not my country of birth.

Check the date for the declaration too.

All in all my 2 horse town had to do my DNI 3 times to get it correct.

Back