Citizenship

Def wait for the plastic. But I had to do 3 corrections.
The plastic arrived, and on the back it says:

PAIS de NACIMIENTO: [my country of birth]
NATURALIZADO EL: [this is a bit strange, the date indicated doesn't correspond with any particular point in my citizenship application]
ASOCIADO AL DNI Nr [my old DNI}

So it looks ok, and I'm done with RENAPER for the moment. On to the passport application now :)

NATURALIZADO EL: [this is a bit strange, the date indicated doesn't correspond with any particular point in my citizenship application]

So it looks ok, and I'm done with RENAPER for the moment. On to the passport application now :)
This is the date of the sentence of the judge.

same as mine. the date was the date the court finalized my papers. not when i took the oath.

yes it's the date of the sentencia.

My DNI back is little different.
LUGAR de NACIMIENTO: [my country of birth -- city of birth]
NATURALIZADO EL: Sentencia date and also the number of the Juzgado.
(missing) ASOCIADO AL DNI -- I do not have that on mine.

Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm still waiting for the edicts from Convenio y de Personas according to my last email with the secretary. Are these usually the slowest? Several already came through in August and the rest in September so I'm wondering what's taking so long.

I'm at 11 months roughly since starting the process; I assume the next step once the edicts are received is the oath? If that's the case then I can't complain time wise.

Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm still waiting for the edicts from Convenio y de Personas according to my last email with the secretary. Are these usually the slowest? Several already came through in August and the rest in September so I'm wondering what's taking so long.

I'm at 11 months roughly since starting the process; I assume the next step once the edicts are received is the oath? If that's the case then I can't complain time wise.

Where did you apply? in Capital? These are not edictos but oficios. Convenio historically takes the longest but these days it's quicker -- it depends how the pedido to Convenio was sent. Generally electronic via DEOX is quicker than if they sent it on pepper. Mine took about 8 months (sent on paper).
Is "personas" Renaper? It's quick. Just call them and ask. I have done this and they pointed out to when and how they had responded to the court, which they had simply overlooked it. Then I called the court and told them where to look.
I don't know what else may be missing in your case. Once all the oficios respuestas are in and you have published the edictos, generally at least in CABA they will ask your employer to confirm your employment and income. Also they would request you submit a police report from your home country -- translated and con apostilla. And then once the juzgado is happy with the docs they will pass it on to the "prosecutor" aka the fiscal. If he has no objection or additional requests then the judge issues the sentence....

Did the police/comisaria already come to confirm your address? The generally seems to be the one that takes a longest...althou in my case it was the first one...go figure.

Last edited:
+1
mine is like this too

naturalizado is the date when sentencia was issued.

i`ve been told that If you dont have # of your old DNI means they did smthg wrong and you will never be able to make unificacion of CUILS (you have to do it at ANSES). @dsp27 prove me wrong, did you do that? Was it ok?

+1
mine is like this too

naturalizado is the date when sentencia was issued.

i`ve been told that If you dont have # of your old DNI means they did smthg wrong and you will never be able to make unificacion of CUILS (you have to do it at ANSES). @dsp27 prove me wrong, did you do that? Was it ok?
No haven't done anything. I just have a new CUIL and changed it everywhere I had the old one, like banks etc. Never had an issue.

Where did you apply? in Capital? These are not edictos but oficios. Convenio historically takes the longest but these days it's quicker -- it depends how the pedido to Convenio was sent. Generally electronic via DEOX is quicker than if they sent it on pepper. Mine took about 8 months (sent on paper).
Is "personas" Renaper? It's quick. Just call them and ask. I have done this and they pointed out to when and how they had responded to the court, which they had simply overlooked it. Then I called the court and told them where to look.
I don't know what else may be missing in your case. Once all the oficios respuestas are in and you have published the edictos, generally at least in CABA they will ask your employer to confirm your employment and income. Also they would request you submit a police report from your home country -- translated and con apostilla. And then once the juzgado is happy with the docs they will pass it on to the "prosecutor" aka the fiscal. If he has no objection or additional requests then the judge issues the sentence....

Did the police/comisaria already come to confirm your address? The generally seems to be the one that takes a longest...althou in my case it was the first one...go figure.
In Capital, and yes, oficios, sorry I got confused. And I believe she meant Renaper yes, because I checked today and the PJN site now shows CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER.

I have the following oficios completed:

- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER
- EDICTOS (Newspaper)
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE INTERPOL
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE REINCIDENCIA
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE ANTECEDENTES

I think I covered the income portion as they asked my accountant to prepare a DDJJ of income for me and have it legalized by the college of accountants which I did earlier this year, and I covered the non-Argentine background check already as I was able to use the same one I did for my DNI since I applied for citizenship basically as soon as my DNI came.

I guess now I'm just waiting for Convenio.

In Capital, and yes, oficios, sorry I got confused. And I believe she meant Renaper yes, because I checked today and the PJN site now shows CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER.

I have the following oficios completed:

- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER
- EDICTOS (Newspaper)
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE INTERPOL
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE REINCIDENCIA
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE ANTECEDENTES

I think I covered the income portion as they asked my accountant to prepare a DDJJ of income for me and have it legalized by the college of accountants which I did earlier this year, and I covered the non-Argentine background check already as I was able to use the same one I did for my DNI since I applied for citizenship basically as soon as my DNI came.

I guess now I'm just waiting for Convenio.
How long did it take to receive the " Contestation of Interpol?
I've started the process about 3 months ago and still waiting for the certificado de residencia from Migraciones. I have no idea what "Convenio" is; can you please explain at which step of the process this will be requested?

Back