Citizenship

In Capital, and yes, oficios, sorry I got confused. And I believe she meant Renaper yes, because I checked today and the PJN site now shows CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER.

I have the following oficios completed:

- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE RENAPER
- EDICTOS (Newspaper)
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE INTERPOL
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE REINCIDENCIA
- CONTESTACION DE OFICIO DE ANTECEDENTES

I think I covered the income portion as they asked my accountant to prepare a DDJJ of income for me and have it legalized by the college of accountants which I did earlier this year, and I covered the non-Argentine background check already as I was able to use the same one I did for my DNI since I applied for citizenship basically as soon as my DNI came.

I guess now I'm just waiting for Convenio.
You are missing from what I can gather based on your post:
1. Enrolados (it's internal check of sorts and it usually done in a few days, strange they have no finished it yet but won't worry much).
2. Migraciones check of status and often exit and entries check (takes about 1-3 months)
3. Convenion
4. Comisaria check of address (the police comes to your address to verify you live there and sends the confirmation to the court)

So for the income, not sure what your situation is, generally they do another round of checks at the end of the application before la sentencia but they may not, who knows in your case...there is no hard-written rule and all judges have their own way of doing things. But it might be something the Fiscal may end up asking for later....YMMV.

How long did it take to receive the " Contestation of Interpol?
I've started the process about 3 months ago and still waiting for the certificado de residencia from Migraciones. I have no idea what "Convenio" is; can you please explain at which step of the process this will be requested?
All these 3 oficios are taken care by the court. You don't have to do anything but wait at this point and occasionally nudge them to verify and in the case of Interpol you can call them (I did) and ask what's going on. Convenion is a back box, they will not respond to your requests if you call to ask (I tried several times and no luck). Migraciones (no need to bother much) is easy they may take a few weeks to respond but their process is quite systematic.

Interpol in my case took 6 months. But again it seems very random and it can take much less or longer.

All these 3 oficios are taken care by the court. You don't have to do anything but wait at this point and occasionally nudge them to verify and in the case of Interpol you can call them (I did) and ask what's going on. Convenion is a back box, they will not respond to your requests if you call to ask (I tried several times and no luck). Migraciones (no need to bother much) is easy they may take a few weeks to respond but their process is quite systematic.

Interpol in my case took 6 months. But again it seems very random and it can take much less or longer.
How long did the police address verification take, from start to when they actually showed up?

How long did the police address verification take, from start to when they actually showed up?
Strangely for me they came only a day after the Juzgado sent them the email. It was the first oficio responded in my case. Within 3 weeks of starting the application. After they pass and confirm your address and take a photo of your DNI, they send an email back to the court confirming your address. However, based on what I know -- I got very lucky -- as often the Comisaria don't not follow up on these oficios and the courts ends up sending a second request months later. My Comisaria is number 14A.

Thank you dsp27. I had to do federal police and Reincidencia myself which I already got. I had to do migraciones as well, I did it through Radex; it has been 80 days already and nothing. Contacted Migración via Twitter as you recommended, they said I will get it within 90 days. Only 10 days left, so I cross my fingers and praying.

Thank you dsp27. I had to do federal police and Reincidencia myself which I already got. I had to do migraciones as well, I did it through Radex; it has been 80 days already and nothing. Contacted Migración via Twitter as you recommended, they said I will get it within 90 days. Only 10 days left, so I cross my fingers and praying.
All my experience is based on CABA. Different provinces have slightly different way of working. Good luck.

Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm still waiting for the edicts from Convenio y de Personas according to my last email with the secretary. Are these usually the slowest? Several already came through in August and the rest in September so I'm wondering what's taking so long.

I'm at 11 months roughly since starting the process; I assume the next step once the edicts are received is the oath? If that's the case then I can't complain time wise.
Convenio Policial is an agreement between all the provinces. All the polices have to reply and they inform by phonetic sound not by fingerprints. In facts they inform about trafficking of migrants. It normally takes 7 months. They only works by DEOX signed by the Secretary of the Court.

No haven't done anything. I just have a new CUIL and changed it everywhere I had the old one, like banks etc. Never had an issue.

may have problem if you was working in blanco, social security/jubilacion stuff was tied to old CUIL, and with your new CUIL you will start from 0 unless you will do unification. And even in that case it can go wrong( in my case it did)

Or if you have kids and they are registered under old №

may have problem if you was working in blanco, social security/jubilacion stuff was tied to old CUIL, and with your new CUIL you will start from 0 unless you will do unification. And even in that case it can go wrong( in my case it did)

Or if you have kids and they are registered under old №
That is true. I however only had 2 bank accounts at the and that's it. Was not economically active in ARG, nor kids, no utility bills under my name back then. So it was like a fresh start. :)

Strangely for me they came only a day after the Juzgado sent them the email. It was the first oficio responded in my case. Within 3 weeks of starting the application. After they pass and confirm your address and take a photo of your DNI, they send an email back to the court confirming your address. However, based on what I know -- I got very lucky -- as often the Comisaria don't not follow up on these oficios and the courts ends up sending a second request months later. My Comisaria is number 14A.

What if they come by to confirm you address and you are at work or at the grocery store? Do they leave a note that they will try again?

Back