Citizenship

It is not a requirement. However, you can download it from the DNM website and present it to the judge.

It is not a requirement. However, you can download it from the DNM website and present it to the judge.
How can I do that?
I thought it had to be issued by them like the antecedent penales. Do you have a link to download it?

I got my passport on the third working day after applying. After checking out the possible appointments on mi.argentina.gob.ar and finding they showed availability 4-6 weeks out, I decided to go to Aeroparque last weekend. I expected the only option to be the instant passport at 25,000 pesos, but I was offered the option of the express passport to be delivered by post within 15 working days, so I went for that. To my surprise, the passport arrived this morning :cool:

I got my passport on the third working day after applying. After checking out the possible appointments on mi.argentina.gob.ar and finding they showed availability 4-6 weeks out, I decided to go to Aeroparque last weekend. I expected the only option to be the instant passport at 25,000 pesos, but I was offered the option of the express passport to be delivered by post within 15 working days, so I went for that. To my surprise, the passport arrived this morning :cool:
Hi Frank, how many days you received your DNI after your juramento?

Hi Frank, how many days you received your DNI after your juramento?
It took from October 11, when I applied for the DNI, until October 21 when the plastic arrived, so 7 working days. I didn't apply immediately after the juramento, since I needed to travel.

It took from October 11, when I applied for the DNI, until October 21 when the plastic arrived, so 7 working days. I didn't apply immediately after the juramento, since I needed to travel.
Hi Frank,
thanks, last question, which company make the delivery? and do they need you show you passport/ID for sign the correo, or they will just put the correo in the box. i have too many fear if lose the plastic;)

Hi Frank,
thanks, last question, which company make the delivery? and do they need you show you passport/ID for sign the correo, or they will just put the correo in the box. i have too many fear if lose the plastic;)
Delivered by post, Correo Argentino. We've had mixed experience with them, at one place we rented, simply out of laziness, the postman would falsely declare he'd been, rung the bell, and nobody answered. Where we are now, delivery of DNIs and passports has been absolutely correct. I believe a private postal company, OCA, is also used to deliver DNIs, but I don't have any experience of them.

You need to sign for the DNI on delivery. In fact, you also need the piece of paper they give you at RENAPER, to claim delivery. It's not going to just be dropped in the box. They don't show you the document, you get to open the envelope whenever you want yourself.

If the DNI can't be delivered after 2 attempts, at least in Buenos Aires it goes back to a central office in Av. Jujuy where it's kept until you pick it up. I've had a DNI kept for me there for over a year, due to the pandemic, I didn't bother to pick it up until I had renewed my temporary residency again and went to pick up the new one. They cut up the old DNI in front of me.

I'd say there's little chance of the plastic getting lost.

Hey Frank. You can get a passport issued at AEP? I thought it was on EZE. Is the passport a "full" passport? 10 years?

Hey Frank. You can get a passport issued at AEP? I thought it was on EZE. Is the passport a "full" passport? 10 years?
Yes, AEP, the office is on the ground floor between the arrivals and departures areas. Instant (25k pesos) and express (4.5k pesos) passport applications, the passport is a normal 10-year full passport. The time I've walked past the office I normally saw a short queue, but they take a while to process people.

Instant really is what it says, I saw one girl get her document after waiting 20 mins.

Back