Ciudadanía / Citizenship

Update/Question

I spoke with both juzgados today and apparently our fingerprints were ok and now the various govt. entities are reporting back. I understand that each of us have two or three that have provided the requested information and we're waiting for the others.

Anyone that's been through this know which agencies are included in this request? I was told in my initial conversation with the clerk, but didn't document it. Now it seems it could be useful to know whether I can check on the trámites directly with each individual entity. I know Reincidencia and Migraciones are complete. I believe there are 3 or 4 others. The process can't move forward until all responses are received (But they are telling me that within the next couple weeks we will likely be scheduling a visit from the Federal Police as I had previously noted). If there is anyone I can nudge to move it along--would be good to know.

It was my understanding that waiting for all of these responses is typically the slowest/most bureaucratic part. Anyone have insight as to whether that's the case? I check with them via phone every couple weeks or as directed. I don't want to harass them, but also don't want to sit back and assume that things are magically happening on their own as I suspect that could keep us "en trámite" for a long time. Hopefully, with any luck, I will be able to document this process when we obtain the Carta not unlike this post for residency http://baexpats.org/topic/29534-immigration-for-dummies/page__hl__%20citizenship%20%20for%20%20dummies

The case is all about the replies. The biggest issue is the mail of the police. They wait until they have enough before they send a police man with them to ba. The police check at the central building takes 1 week.

They normally ask:
1. Interpol (if you have an international arrest order)
2. Antecedentes Pfa (if you have an arrest order)
3. Ídem Córdoba.
4. Reincidencia (if you were in jail)
5. Renaper (to check if your DNI is fake) (delays 7 Months)
6.cartas (if citizenship was denied or cancel before)
7. Socio ambiental (they check how do you live)
8. A few judges ask for convenio policial (all the province police informs).

If you call once a Month is more than enough.

Beware that reports expires after 2 years.

The case is all about the replies. The biggest issue is the mail of the police. They wait until they have enough before they send a police man with them to ba. The police check at the central building take 1 week.

They normally ask:
1. Interpol (if you have an international arrest order)
2. Antecedentes Pfa (if you have an arrest order)
3. Ídem Córdoba.
4. Reincidencia (if you were in jail)
5. Renaper (to check if your DNI is fake) (delays 7 Months)
6.cartas (if citizenship was denied or cancel before)
7. Socio ambiental (they check how do you live)
8. A few judges ask for convenio policial (all the province police informs).

If you call once a Month is more than enough.

Beware that reports expires after 2 years.

what is #7 about? "how do you live"?

What's the difference?

Just taking back what the US has taken from Brazil.

You saw tom-AY-toe, I saw tom-AH-toe.

I think it's stupid on the part of both countries, who should make it easier rather than harder to visit each other.

Wow, that's cool that they take time to do that. Human trafficking is a vile business.

It was common practice in Argentina during the periods of peak European immigration. It also happened in the US.

Citizenship was cancelled before? Please elaborate?

At the swearing in ceremony, they make it clear that if any of the documentation provided to obtain citizenship is found to be false or doctored then citizenship will be revoked/canceled.

Back