Ciudadanía / Citizenship

There is probably more accurate info at the sentence that revoqued the citizenship. I have it at the office.

There is probably more accurate info at the sentence that revoked the citizenship. I have it at the office.

Granted, it does seem as though there was some "expediting" of his Argentine citizenship through his connection to Menem, but how unusual was that during those years?

I had one tachero tell me that "chinos" are entering Argentina via Peru, and through some chicanery involving the Peruvian embassy obtaining Argentine citizenship in 30 days or so. Given the steps outlined in your many helpful posts on this subject, that would seem to be utterly impossible; the delays in paperwork would appear to take months and months. But who knows what could be done with sufficient "grease"? At any rate, this one taxi driver was quite convinced, and highly indignant about it.

You don t see that level of corruption a federal Courts because citizenship is the only subject where judges, prosecutors, lawyers and paralegals go to jail non stop. It already happend.

You don t see that level of corruption a federal Courts because citizenship is the only subject where judges, prosecutors, lawyers and paralegals go to jail non stop. It already happened.

Well, that says good things about Argentina :)

Well, that says good things about Argentina :)

Trust me, since i started doing citizenship 5 judges retired to a avoid the dismiss trial and many employeds of Court lost their jobs because of xenophobia.
Those who tried to sanction me to censor me, failed (11 times) because the chamber and the bar association said that instead of lack of etics, o acchived my first etic duty: to defend the rights of others people.
Today i was notified of a new attemp of sanction me, but the reports were granted ;).

How does argentina handle the backtaxes of someone applying for citizenship? Let's say someone lived in BA two years as a perma tourist and had $50k in income from an overseas company. Upon obtaining citizenship argentina will know they were tax resident those 2 years and will therefor know they did not pay taxes.

7. Socio ambiental (they check how do you live)

So my wife's case continues to progress. We received the call today (actually, it was an SMS) to arrange the visita. I understand this to be point #7 per Bajo_cero2. I assume this is pretty straight forward appt? We're scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Roughly two months after her testigos were requested and made their statements.

I will stop by both juzgados on Friday (assuming they are not closed to celebrate Día de la Revolución de Mayo) to check on the progress personally as I usually call. Every 6-8 weeks it appears my wife's case progresses, where as my secretary tells me that things are moving and to check back in 2-4 weeks, but I haven't seen anything happen. A little disconcerting. As I've mentioned before, we have the same judge but different juzgados (courts). No doubt each secretary has their own pace and way of doing things. I also suspect the vacated juzgado (my wife's) may not have the same case load even though we have the same judge. Just hope my secretary isn't pushing me off...Bajo_cero2 certainly has experience with that.

Anyone know the next step after testigos (witnesses) and the visit? Could it mean we're half way...more than half way...or it's all random and indicates nothing? :)

At least if my wife gets her carta first...it can only help my case being married to an Argentine. :)

Just had the interview. Pretty uneventful. We had a merienda waiting for him. My six-year old daughter was dressed as a condombera for the contombe production they have a school tomorrow and answered several questions. We saw on the form that it ask how well we understand customs so hopefully some points there. The almost 2-year old (born here) was running around laughing speaking espanglés. And he noted more than once how content she was (having a good day. ha!)

I asked him if he did all the interviews for Córdoba early in the conversation. He does. I joked that I'd hopefully be seeing him for my interview soon. Near the end of the visit he said that since the information necessary for my interview is effectively the same--he was just going to do both and advise my secretary that my interview has been completed as well. EFFICIENCY! I said "dos pájaros" he a laugh and said exactly.

He gave us a rundown of what to expect next...indicating that the international antecendentes usually slows things down. I said I requested it directly for the migracion process. He asked how long it took...about 3 weeks. Not sure if I can do this myself in the case of the carta...and not sure if this is the FBI check or Interpol...

Said we could be done by the end of the year to as late as this time next year...so that really didn't narrow the window of expectations. It's the same timeline as initially indicated when we submitted our papers in December.

Back