clamping down on perma-tourists

arty said:
are we getting back into the hassled/harassed thing again, lol.

If that's the way you want it, just get stinkin' drunk (again) and go to migraciones and complain...

steveinbsas said:
Perhaps tourists in Argentina should consider themselves fortunate that they can still get an extra 90 days just by asking for it at the prorrogas de permanencia...and paying $300 pesos.
Words and deeds have amazing accuracy to come back and haunt us. I cannot really blame the Argentines. If the shoe was on the other foot, would be doing the same thing.

steveinbsas said:
If that's the way you want it, just get stinkin' drunk (again) and go to migraciones and complain...

lol.. nah.. i'll just pay the pesos to leave and enter. seems like a lot less of a hassle than anything else.

arty said:
lol.. nah.. i'll just pay the pesos to leave and enter. seems like a lot less of a hassle than anything else.

Did you miss the point of this thread?

The serious question is what are you going to do when they say you must leave and not reenter?

steveinbsas said:
LeavingBA wasn't harassed, he/she was told to leave.

There is a difference.

Just ask arty.

It sure sounded like harassment to me. Being told to sign unknown documents, make various declarations before being allowed to re-enter the country to collect their belongings. Edit: oh and their passport number being recorded in a special database; being informed of serious consequences if they even think of overstaying their current visa by a day. That is not harassment? :)

arichie said:
It sure sounded like harassment to me. Being told to sign unknown documents, make various declarations before being allowed to re-enter the country to collect their belongings. Edit: oh and their passport number being recorded in a special database; being informed of serious consequences if they even think of overstaying their current visa by a day. That is not harassment? :)

There is a big difference between compliance with and/or enforcement of laws and harassment...especially in Argentina.

(Words have meaning...for a reason.)

dennisr said:
Words and deeds have amazing accuracy to come back and haunt us. I cannot really blame the Argentines. If the shoe was on the other foot, would be doing the same thing.

I don't blame the Argentines either. If they want to kick us all out and limit our future visits then they have every right to do so. Many of us are visiting from countries that make it very difficult for Argentines to enter even on the shortest-term tourist visas.

We are all human beings. We do not deserve special treatment just because we were born in a wealthier country. I would actually support this crackdown because it might make some ignorant people aware of this fact.

steveinbsas said:
Did you miss the point of this thread?

The serious question is what are you going to do when they say you must leave and not reenter?
'
I see the point. worst case get a passport from another country.

arty said:
can't do that. this offer isn't available for just anyone and you need to know who to pay off.

but i can recommend this for those who don't have gov't contacts. -
http://www.camouflagepassports.net/

Thanks arty, but I am sending all my excess funds to Nigeria to help a disposed prince there.

He is going to reward me with ten times my investment..at the least.

I've already sent him scanned copies of my passport, driver's license, bank statements, and social security card.

(I hope that's OK.)

Back