clamping down on perma-tourists

Let's remember here, that this crackdown is applyign to people who have been doing this for many years. For a "newcomer" to come here considering to live part or all year in Argentina, there is no problem to renew your 90 tourist visa several times, after all, how many 3 month segments does it take one to realize whether this place if for them, or not. I would say 9 to 18 months is a good analysis period.

resurrecting a old thread.
i came here on 30 days transitoria/tecnica visa and extended for 30 more days already. it is getting expired on 7th sept.
as per the website, the transitoria visa can extend for only one more cycle of 30 days that i have already availed.

but since my work is not complete here, can i extend it for one more cycle maybe? or can i just stay the extra time and pay the fine while leaving in EZE. how cumbersome is the process in EZE in case i overstay.

Note: I do not speak spanish at all :(

redeemer said:
resurrecting a old thread.
i came here on 30 days transitoria/tecnica visa and extended for 30 more days already. it is getting expired on 7th sept.
as per the website, the transitoria visa can extend for only one more cycle of 30 days that i have already availed.

but since my work is not complete here, can i extend it for one more cycle maybe? or can i just stay the extra time and pay the fine while leaving in EZE. how cumbersome is the process in EZE in case i overstay.

Note: I do not speak spanish at all :(

Depends on where you're from. If you're from one of the countries where you need to apply for a visa at an Argentine embassy, then I would suggest you do everything legally unless you're not planning on coming back here. In that case, if you can only get one extension which you have already availed, then I'm afraid you will have to return to your home country and apply for a visa again.

If you're from one of the countries where you don't need to apply for a visa beforehand or you're never planning on coming back here, then you can either go to Uruguay (not recommended) or overstay and pay your fines when you leave (recommended). Paying fines at EZE is easy and it doesn't matter if you don't speak Spanish.

nicoenarg said:
Depends on where you're from. If you're from one of the countries where you need to apply for a visa at an Argentine embassy, then I would suggest you do everything legally unless you're not planning on coming back here. In that case, if you can only get one extension which you have already availed, then I'm afraid you will have to return to your home country and apply for a visa again.

If you're from one of the countries where you don't need to apply for a visa beforehand or you're never planning on coming back here, then you can either go to Uruguay (not recommended) or overstay and pay your fines when you leave (recommended). Paying fines at EZE is easy and it doesn't matter if you don't speak Spanish.
thanks for the advice. I am from india and i need to apply visa in the embassy before coming here.

Even my idea is to leave the country within valid time since i might need to travel to BsAs again. But for some reason my local office is insisting on me staying after the validity [maybe to save the air-tickets round-trip almost 2K USD].

redeemer said:
thanks for the advice. I am from india and i need to apply visa in the embassy before coming here.

Even my idea is to leave the country within valid time since i might need to travel to BsAs again. But for some reason my local office is insisting on me staying after the validity [maybe to save the air-tickets round-trip almost 2K USD].

Can't really tell you how to deal with your office but if you want to come back here and would need to apply for a visa, then I'd be really careful. If you do overstay then the embassy will have grounds to reject you.

When you apply for a visa at any Argentine embassy, they send papers here to see if everything present and past appears to be in order. If they see irregularities in your last visit, they are more likely to reject your application.

redeemer said:

You would struggle to get a Argentine visa again if you overstay. Remember you dont have a US or European passport.

It will be like a black mark in your passport. Keept it unblemished.

As per agreement of India with Argentina, Brazil, you can apply for Argentina visa anywhere in the world. I suggest if you have visa of another country close-by, travel there and apply for argentina visa again.

OR

apply for Brazilian visa in Argentina and go to Brazil and apply for Argentina visa.

Maybe they want people on tourist visa's to seek residency so they are on the radar screen, then they can start collecting taxes from them? After all the government seems very short on cash

Right on the head of the nail.....

Back