Claro customer service

JLL

Registered
Hey,

I bought a SIM card for my smartphone at Claro yesterday. Nobody there spoke English, so i ended up buying some kind of plan in my broken spanish.

As soon as put the card in it works. I can call, text, use internet. However, all my incoming and outgoing calls are Unknown. I also have no idea when/if/how i should recharge or pay for this plan.

I have spent hours looking for some kind of customer service for Claro. The only thing i can find is some webchat thing on their main page, but that come up as "webchat unavailable" for hours.

Does anyone have any idea how/where i can get Claro to help me? Preferrably in English =P

Jason

Hate to tell you this, but Claro's customer service is awful. And even moreso when they know that you don't speak Spanish well.

But to contact them, you should be able to press star (*) 611 and press talk and that should get you to customer service. You can call from 8 until 10. Be prepared to tell everything about your account, the account number, your phone number and your passport number for sure.

Hopefully this helps.

Reactions: JLL
*611 works indeed. I don't understand anything the woman on the phone sais though. I guess i'll just cut my losses and enter every Personal store until i find someone that can speak English and buy a SIM there.

Several times I heard some english spoken by claro´s employees at the store located at Alto Palermo mall.

You can access your account online IF you have a code, which is only given by phone, calling *611 and providing your information, number of passport, etc.

I think claro gave you a bill or statement with the details of the purchase, there you have details about your account.

I would doubt you got a plan without a DNI. You probably got X amount of credit when you bought the sim card and when it runs out, you'll have to recharge it. You do that by buying a card at any kiosko and putting the credit on the phone.

If you have a plan, you would have had to a) give them a DNI b) give them a billing address and c) have a receipt with all info.

Try going to alto palermo or one of the super touristy spots, you'll probably find someone that can explain to you.

I've had great service with Claro (here in the provincia). I've called customer service at least a dozen times. Once I really didn't understand what the rep was saying and I was transfered to a rep who spoke English.

My wireless modem "malfunctioned" in the 13th month of a two year contract. The modem (which I bought at Fravega in BA) was guaranteed for one year. I took it to the Claro service center in Bahia Blanca.

They gave me another (and better) modem without charge because I was an "important customer" (their words).

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I can actually log in online with my phone number and a password i got sent. I also have a large receipt with all info (but all in Spanish). It seems i paid a "deposito garantia" when i bought it and that's all.

There's actually a billing adress on there (domicilio para enviar factura) and alot of talk about a Plan de Tarifa Contratado (which i assumed is a plan, but i guess i can't translate it that literally).

I actually bought it at Alto Palermo. I'll go back there tomorrow and see if they can help me.

I have Claro and just went in a store the other day to ask a question about the timing of my outgoing text. Have had my SIMs card and phone for 2 years, and as of lately, some of my texts are taking up to an hour to ¨deliver¨. In any case, the store reps, told be to call *311 for help. So, if *611 isn´t helping, you might want to try that.

My other two cents on the issue is that some time ago, I went to a random phone store to buy a nokia headset. While there, the rep ended up telling me sooooo much about my phone´s functions--of which I had been using only about 2% of it over the past year. So, you might want to try that too.

BTW: I didn´t understand whether you did or didn´t buy a plan. I thought you needed a DNI for that, but perhaps it`s different now?

Good luck.

Hey guys! I am new to the forum and literally 2 days fresh from the plane, but I signed up with Claro today and I thought I could contribute something to the thread after the research that I did in order to get the proper plan.

I have a Galaxy S II from ATT in the US (the model number is i777) and after going through their website I decided to for the Plan Multimedia of 119 pesos which roughly gives you 200 SMS, 200 minutes and 500 Mbs (the plan says that email, social networks and chat are unlimited but I don't know how the traffic from those services is differentiated from regular web traffic).

After reading the forums, I thought that I needed a DNI to be able to qualify for the plan but a very helpful Claro representative explained to me that I only needed my passport and a security deposit that would be credited to my account at the six month mark. The deposit consisted of one full billing cycle and a half (119+60+taxes) all an all, activating the phone was $195.00 pesos, and the phone was active immediately.

One of the advantages of going Factura Fija (Fixed Invoice) is that the minute is less expensive than thorough a prepagado or rechargeable phone, I don't exactly how much cheaper, but the representative assured me it made a dent. Another great thing is that you are not locked to any contract or commitment and believe or not you can quit anytime, as long as you don't buy a cell phone from them along with the plan.

The one thing that I struggled with were getting answers to what were the 3G bands that Claro works on. My phone works on GSM 850/900 /1800 /1900
and on 3G HSDPA it works on the 850/1900/2100.

I combed the web and could not find any information on the Claro 3G HSDPA bands that Claro is on, and even the Claro representative at the official Claro store in Alto Palermo asked around in her office and called customer support but she could not get an answer. So I decided to bite the bullet and I am happy to report that phone has a fast and stable 3g data connection! If my guess was incorrect, I would now be stuck on their 2g data connection, which is significantly slower, but it a non issue since I can quit after one month, get my deposit back and try a different carrier.

My guess is that since most ATT phones from the US work on those bands you should not have any problems data wise if you own an ATT phone and get a Claro phone.

That is it from me for now, I am quite excited to be in Baires but the apartment hunt has been harder that I thought so, hopefully I will find a pad soon.

Un abrazo a todos :)

Back