Clinton - Trump Live Debate Monday Sept. 26 Th.

I can't love Clinton either. She talked too much BS, I doubt she can get anything done.
She was with Obama pushing TPP, suddenly on democratic convention, all the clueless old ladies held signs of " NO TPP". What's going on ?
Do not think those supporters know what TPP is.
Both Bush and Bill Clinton signed many treaties to benefit big companies and drive away the jobs for middle class of America. These days will come, but they made it a lot sooner. Global economy is bad for middle and lower class America, only benefits the top and other countries.

I don't think there is another Donald Trump.

If you think there is a limited supply of populist demagogues with aspirations of power, you are in for a shocker. Trump tried to run the last election, and was treated like a joke. Now he isn't. What changed since then? Not Trump for sure. Trump has always been Trump. But the electorate did change.
Trump is not the problem. He is the symptom. His rise is the electorate giving the middle finger to the establishment. It is a protest vote. And Hillary for sure will not address the underlying causes of this problem, because she is part of the establishment. She is part of the "private club" of politicians, both from the Democratic party and the GOP, who have been screwing over the American voter for decades.
We are seeing a rise of populist demagogues worldwide, not just in the US. And if fundamental changes in politics won't happen, if the existing rigged game of politics continues, expect a lot more Trumps popping up everywhere.

I would agree. I am Republican and the GOP has been ignoring me for about 20 years.

CtU-SSKVYAA-t_R.jpg

One of the most insightful comments I heard on the debate this Tuesday AM. was on a Spanish speaking TV station,I guess,from Miami
He noted that Trump was taking a lot of "sorbos de agua" sips of water -from his glass but Hillary was not.
That does tell you something about the state of his nerves and is ,obviously,not a good sign.
Also the old gang from the Coffee Chats should be interested to know that Michelle E. is in NYC.We plan to have coffee (what else?) some time this week.

A humorous take on the presidential debate -- don't we all need it?

The Daily Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbzT25kZ6s

Late Night with Seth Meyer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8syBrqA1r8

and my favorite
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMQDiIiHbk

If you think there is a limited supply of populist demagogues with aspirations of power, you are in for a shocker. Trump tried to run the last election, and was treated like a joke. Now he isn't. What changed since then? Not Trump for sure. Trump has always been Trump. But the electorate did change.
Trump is not the problem. He is the symptom. His rise is the electorate giving the middle finger to the establishment. It is a protest vote. And Hillary for sure will not address the underlying causes of this problem, because she is part of the establishment. She is part of the "private club" of politicians, both from the Democratic party and the GOP, who have been screwing over the American voter for decades.
We are seeing a rise of populist demagogues worldwide, not just in the US. And if fundamental changes in politics won't happen, if the existing rigged game of politics continues, expect a lot more Trumps popping up everywhere.

The media have made little note of how much Trump has in common with Sanders: both appeal to disaffected voters (Trump has a large blue collar following; Sanders had a large youth and professional following), both railed against Wall Street and the banking systems, both condemned international trade pacts, both considered the political and electoral system corrupt (in a remarkable moment of truth during a debate Trump revealed how he had contributed to most of the candidates on the stage expecting favors in return. "What did Hillary do for you in return"? someone asked. "She and Bill went to my wedding - they had to"! Trump replied). Both Sanders and Trump have isolationist instincts. While he speaks of strengthening the military, Trump has repeatedly condemned US intervention in the ME, deplores the failure of NATO countries to pay their share of defense and gives every indication that he would like the US to reduce its role as "policeman of the world". Both Sanders and Trump have spoken out against lobby groups. They both oppose outsourcing and manufacturing abroad by US companies. If Trump had not made some of his reckless remarks about Mexicans (Eleven million are not going to be sent back to Mexico and the wall is not going to be built and paid for by Mexico but border security can be improved and greater conrol of immigration can be implemented) and some of his other silly or foolish remarks, he would not be nearly as much an object of ridicule. The problem with both Democrat and Republican parties is that they have been taken over by elites who have no regard for the great majority of people. Politicians simply want to perpetuate a system that allows them to stay in office and reap the benefits of office, then when they leave they pick up high paying lobbyist, consultant, law firm etc, positions based entirely on their contacts. They live in a bubble with little sense of what life is like for most people. This is what has led to the revolt represented by Sanders and Hillary Clinton. It is a shame that Sanders capitulated rather than refuse to endorse any candidate. He knows full well that Hillary will only continue the status quo. Someone who rejects the rigged financial establishment does not take massive speaking fees from Wall Street firms and then refuse to release the contents of her speeches. In Argentina with its much smaller economy, there are few "legal" opportunities for financial gain by politicians, so the corruption is a lot more brutal. In the US there are many legal ways for politicians to line their pockets. The Clintons are prime examples. In the US a lot of unethical behavior is legal but it is nevertheless corruption. This is what the US public have begun to wake up to. Unfortunately Trump is a flawed standard bearer for the cause of much needed change. For many, however, he is their only hope.

One of the most insightful comments I heard on the debate this Tuesday AM. was on a Spanish speaking TV station,I guess,from Miami
He noted that Trump was taking a lot of "sorbos de agua" sips of water -from his glass but Hillary was not.
That does tell you something about the state of his nerves and is ,obviously,not a good sign.

Perhaps it tells us that one candidate has more confidence in bladder control than the other.
emo32.gif

Back