Clinton - Trump Live Debate Monday Sept. 26 Th.

It really is a case of which you hate least. Luckily for Clinton, Trump is a deplorable human being more outwardly than she is. I can't believe how much of a cunt he is and how much many people don't seem to care. If he was a fantastic political mind you could let his cuntishness pass, but he is not.

Clinton is also a cunt, if you know what I mean. A different sort though. If I was from the USA I would prefer 4 years of not moving to 4 years of falling apart under Trump. If he becomes president, I don't think he would finish his term.

If I was from the USA I would prefer 4 years of not moving to 4 years of falling apart under Trump.

I wish that was the choice. It is not. The choice is between a racist/sexist bigot and a warmonger who sold her soul to Wall Street and who would order anyone killed without hesitation in order to accomplish her goals. .

You clearly did not read my above post. The original post was about the Clintons. My point was that neither Trump nor Clinton are really any better off than the other as far as their behavior goes. I'm not a Trump supporter.

That's a bullshit false equivalency. Trump's behavior is to put himself first and explosively reacting to any perceived slight and to preen in response to any adulation. That behavior should be disqualifying in a president. Putin won Trump's undying loyalty with a poorly translated comment. Every time a reporter asks him a question he doesn't like, they're stupid, dumb, a joke, on the rag, the worst ever, but if that same reporter comes back a month later with some good news they've become an excellent reporter. His behavior is childish and thats why he can be president in my mind. These tweets from a republican pretty much sum it up https://storify.com/DemFromCT/tom-nichols-on-what-truly-matters-in-this-election

I wish that was the choice. It is not. The choice is between a racist/sexist bigot and a warmonger who sold her soul to Wall Street and who would order anyone killed without hesitation in order to accomplish her goals. .

Neither of those assertions about Clinton have any basis in reality.But being a sexist/bigot is not the main case against Trump. I get that it's the latest most sensationalist most media friendly case but it's far from the worst.The reason is that he is a dishonest know-nothing narcissist with all the depth of a puddle. He doesn't know anything and he can't be bothered to learn. He cares for nothing other than himself which is why he trashes the republican institutions which 'make america great'. None of his 'policies' make any sense and are almost all contradictory because he's never really thought them through. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all EVERYONE should read this article about Trump as told by his ghostwriter. Not only is it revealing but it confirms what virtually everyone who knew Trump says about the man.
“I was shocked,” Schwartz told me. “Trump didn’t fit any model of human being I’d ever met. He was obsessed with publicity, and he didn’t care what you wrote.” He went on, “Trump only takes two positions. Either you’re a scummy loser, liar, whatever, or you’re the greatest. I became the greatest. He wanted to be seen as a tough guy, and he loved being on the cover.” Schwartz wrote him back, saying, “Of all the people I’ve written about over the years, you are certainly the best sport.”

Too many people don't give a crap any more about the facades a presidential candidate must put up to make everyone like him or her so they can be elected and go on being the kind of person Trump doesn't bother to cover up in himself. That's why Trump made it so far. Sick. To. Death. of politics as usual.

Of course, people who support Hillary Clinton because Trump seems like a bigger idiot aren't realizing what that other large group of people are feeling about politics as usual. There are still many people who believe that the ability to hide your faults and make people believe you're perfect when your soul is as black as night as well is what is really needed in a president. Somehow that shows that the person is able to control their self or something, I guess. I think you're much more likely to get something you weren't prepared for.

Anyone who touts all the good that Hillary has done for women and children while she (at the very best) ignores how her husband has treated women for decades is not seeing reality when talking about all the good she's done. It would be like a famous actor decrying the use of heroin and helping people get over the drug while secretly ensuring that their spouse has his or her fix well-stocked and the secret is kept well-guarded. Do we want an enabler as president? And that's not even talking about all the stuff that Hillary herself is "allegedly" involved in. Yeah, I'm sure she's a saint aside from her enabling.

The thing about Trump is that he makes it absolutely impossible to ignore his bad behavior. He's an idiot, a buffoon - but everyone knows it. He's not running for president as the most perfect person. There is pretty much nothing left to the imagination with Trump. He is certainly not business as usual, and in that he attracts so many voters because so many people are fed up with the run-of-the-mill stupidity of politics. If they're going to have stupidity, at least let it be in the open! Unfortunately for me, I wish everyone would wake up and quit playing this stupid game, whichever side you're on! Like finding a freaking Pokemon on your phone screen while walking around town gets you anything except run over by a bus for your inattention! The same for thinking that the candidate who looks good is good.

Having said all that, I can't support either candidate. I would still prefer that Trump be the president rather than Clinton, but by the barest of personal, internal margins. And don't call that support, call it an unwilling collapse to default, or something, I don't know. I'm horrified at the selection of candidates.

And yet, Clinton will win. Trump doesn't deserve to be president, but Clinton, because she's so good at seeming like the proper candidate (at least next to Trump - had it been anyone else I don't believe Clinton would have stood a chance at this point) has a huge advantage. And I don't believe that either Clinton or Trump would start a nuclear war - at least not without the tacit consent of the People themselves, which may not be all that unlikely unfortunately (as Bush II proved with Iraq). But don't blame that on either candidate.

One gets the government one deserves, when the power is in the hands of the people to elect who sits in tyranny over them.

The late, great George Carlin on US politicians:

Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

Although Carlin was speaking of US politicians, this could apply to any country, as I'm sure everyone here knows. As the old saying goes... Politics is the dirtiest game in town.

I look on as an outsider with a growing sense of incredulity at this election.

The issues that need to be discussed seem to be peripheral to the daily round of personal revelations. How can you vote for a candidate that will carry so much baggage into the White House?

Surely one of the basic requirements of the job is to be the foremost representative of your country and thus behave in a statesmanlike way. Does this mean mocking people with disabilities for example or having no respect for a whole littany of other groups? How can you be their leader if you have no respect for them?

What message does Trump's behaviour send to the next generation of US citizens who might think that it is OK to say and do this stuff just because he is the future President?

Sorry for so many questions but I hope that I am not the only one who is puzzled as to why the US political system could be in such bad shape.

Anyone who touts all the good that Hillary has done for women and children while she (at the very best) ignores how her husband has treated women for decades is not seeing reality when talking about all the good she's done.
I may have missed it but how exactly has her husband treated women for decades?

T/

What I have to say will most probably not change any minds and the truth is that even if it did, it certainly won’t make any difference in the election, like spitting in the ocean. But I need to say it in response to the hate I’m hearing on this thread.

I was a certified Bernie fan and one day said to Nancy that “I just don’t like Hillary. She’s been accused of so many things that some have to be true”. Then I realized what I said, what I was thinking. How wrong that statement was.

Not going into detail, maybe it is “a vast right win conspiracy” for the last 30 years trying to bring down a person “they” are really afraid of. So many investigations, serious investigations directed by congress with their millions of dollars and absolutely nothing.

Anyway, I still supported Bernie but for the right reasons and glad that I did. The Democratic platform is Bernie’s platform. I now support Hillary 100% for many, many positive reasons and one other reason…..the other guy totally scares me. Don’t get me wrong—I mostly live away from the USA, I am retired and comfortable but I love the US and all it stands for and I think that that man would bring it all down. I worry for my kids.

If you feel like it read this article from Rolling Stone. It might clear some things up.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-hillary-clinton-became-a-vessel-for-americas-fury-w440914

That’s my 2 cents.

T/

I may have missed it but how exactly has her husband treated women for decades?

T/

"President Bill Clintonhas been accused of sexual assault by two women, Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey. At least eight other women have accused Bill Clinton of sexually harassing them or making unwanted sexual advances toward them, with the allegations dating back to the 1970s."

http://heavy.com/new...hotos-pictures/

And that doesn't include having voluntary "seuxal relations" with a young intern in the White House.

Something he initially denied: https://www.youtube....h?v=VBe_guezGGc

And later admitted: https://www.youtube....h?v=UEmjwR0Rs20

Back