Closest place to BA to get into argentina bypassing passport control

esllou

Registered
serious question :D

that bloody river goes all the way up to iguazu it seems!!

the salto - concordia border was pretty slack - though there is some kind of border control - you have to look for them to get stamped in...

I've always wondered about this, but the opposite way.. Like if you were already in buenos aires and needed to escape argentina 'unofficially' what would be the best way to do it.

thanks....was also thinking along the lines of "forest someone can walk through"

(it's not for me btw...)

AkBill said:
I've always wondered about this, but the opposite way.. Like if you were already in buenos aires and needed to escape argentina 'unofficially' what would be the best way to do it.

get onto google maps....the whole area north of tigre is muddy deltas and waterways. Sure it's easier in the west where you could just hike across a mountain.

I always dreamed of the water option, stealing a boat and just sailing it up to the carribean

Well, my uncle crossed the Andes Mountains during last dictatorship government in Chile, there are several paths but it is probably the most dangerous way to do it. Specially because there are mine camps regarding the 3 times we almost have war with Chile.

In Misiones during night you see several boats crossing the border, Uruguay river is not so wide as the Paraná is.

The border with Bolivia is riverless. And it is corrupted, the illegals Chinese cross the border there in bus, they just bribe the border control. But this is no man´s land. Salta is also the cocaine route, so it probably is more dangerous than the mine camps.

But the easies is for sure to cross de la Plata River during a beautiful weekend in spring or summer time where there are thousands of small vessels around. Nobody will notice you.

But...escaping illegally from this country? Come on! There is almost nothing a lawyer cannot solved keeping you out of jail. But if you try to escape, and your are caught, you will pass 4 years waiting for trial in a jail. And perhaps .on trial you will sentence innocent. So, as a criminal lawyer, escaping is the most stupid idea.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Specially because there are mine camps regarding the 3 times we almost have war with Chile.

Regards
Are you saying that the mountains are full of land mines?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, my uncle crossed the Andes Mountains during last dictatorship government in Chile, there are several paths but it is probably the most dangerous way to do it. Specially because there are mine camps regarding the 3 times we almost have war with Chile.

In Misiones during night you see several boats crossing the border, Uruguay river is not so wide as the Paraná is.

The border with Bolivia is riverless. And it is corrupted, the illegals Chinese cross the border there in bus, they just bribe the border control. But this is no man´s land. Salta is also the cocaine route, so it probably is more dangerous than the mine camps.

But the easies is for sure to cross de la Plata River during a beautiful weekend in spring or summer time where there are thousands of small vessels around. Nobody will notice you.

But...escaping illegally from this country? Come on! There is almost nothing a lawyer cannot solved keeping you out of jail. But if you try to escape, and your are caught, you will pass 4 years waiting for trial in a jail. And perhaps .on trial you will sentence innocent. So, as a criminal lawyer, escaping is the most stupid idea.
Regards

I said absolutely nothing about escaping OUT of the country. ;)

Back