Coffee Chat Zona Norte Tuesday Jan 26, 4-7Pm (San Isidro)

The reality ( as I see it ) is that people who live in the city don't have much of a desire or need to spend time in the burbs and vice versa for suburbanites. I think it's a great idea for the ZN people to organize their own chat.
Nancy
I, for one, like going to the burbs to see my friends and maybe meet some new ones. I'll be there Tuesday afternoon. Anyone else coming to the Zona Norte Coffee Chat besides those who've RSVP'ed to this chat so far?

Hi Nancy,

I appreciate you may think that way but many zona norte people (and beyond!) have attended capital coffee chats over the last two years. Also on the several occasions that coffee chats have been hosted further out from the city many capital expats have attended. So though there may be many people who are happy not to wander too far and prefer the comfort of their immediate area, there are also many who enjoy travelling to different places and meeting new groups of people. Each to their own.

I am just glad that we are having a coffee chat "up north". Coming to Alto Palermo takes me about 90 minutes. This means that attending a coffee chat takes me half a day and I don't usually have that much time during working days.

When the coffee chats were held at various locations I had more chances to make it because they were sometimes closer to me. But if they are in San Telmo or farther, they are definitely too time-demanding. However I do understand that finding each time a suitable place is quite a task for those organizing the meeting.

I remember Michelle once organized a coffee chat here in San Isidro at Iolo (5 blocks from the railway station), another time in La Lucila (2 blocks from the railway station, 3 blocks from gringoboy's shop).

So, thank you to those who organize coffee chats, no matter where.

Thanks for your support, and see you on Tuesday! :rolleyes:

Hi, all ! I'm really planning to attend this. I've been in BA for 15.5 months, now - initially in ZN, and shortly, hopefully, once again (as things are expected to go, anyway) but not currently. Still, that # 338 bus just happens to run only 1 block from my home, so it's easy for me to reach [NOTE: That # 338 bus runs a long way, in case you didn't know... I've taken that entire route].

I've not been particularly active on the forum, admittedly (though I was, somewhat, before arriving) preferring to simply read posts: As everyone knows, it's informative. I happen to be a bit shy, so social events are somewhat difficult for me to contemplate (why this forum works so well for me) though I know nobody 'bites' ! ;)

So, hopefully, I'll see folks soon, there!

Paul

Hi, all ! I'm really planning to attend this. I've been in BA for 15.5 months, now - initially in ZN, and shortly, hopefully, once again (as things are expected to go, anyway) but not currently. Still, that # 338 bus just happens to run only 1 block from my home, so it's easy for me to reach [NOTE: That # 338 bus runs a long way, in case you didn't know... I've taken that entire route].

I've not been particularly active on the forum, admittedly (though I was, somewhat, before arriving) preferring to simply read posts: As everyone knows, it's informative. I happen to be a bit shy, so social events are somewhat difficult for me to contemplate (why this forum works so well for me) though I know nobody 'bites' ! ;)

So, hopefully, I'll see folks soon, there!

Paul

Great, see you on Tuesday! Looking forward to meeting you!

I'm probably going. I'll take a taxi from coghlan. If anyone wants to share a cab just send me a pm

Hello All!

Final Reminder for this afternoon's Zona Norte Coffee Chat at San Isidro Starbucks!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4-7pm Tuesday, January 26, 2016[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Starbucks - 114 Av Juan Segundo Fernández, San Isidro[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]From San Isidro Mitre train station you can take the 707, 437 or 338 and be there in 10 mins.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Look for the BAEXPATS sign.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]See you soon![/background]

Back