Coffee Price Up 300% Higher Than London Or Ny..!!

The last time I checked the price of the same coffee was significantly higher in the USA than Argentina.

I posted this on August 19 in the food prices highest on the planet thread:

"I also consume Nescafe Clásico instant coffee on a daily basis. I buy two 1 kg bags at a time for just under $10 USD per kilo and reuse the "original" 170 gram jars I bought about four years ago, refilling six of them at a time.

Nescafe Classic in 200 gram jars currently cost as much as $21.00 USD on Amazon in the USA, so I am paying less than half that for the coffee I consume here."

Nescafe Original Instant Coffee - 200g (0.44lbs) https://a.co/d/dYjGcTq

Today the lowest price of one kilo of the Nescafe Clásico coffee is $38.000 pesos.

If my calculations are accurate, that's slightly more than $5.700 pesos per 150 grams.
Nescafe Gold is the closest I have ever come to decent instant coffee. Is it available in Argentina?

Nescafe Gold is the closest I have ever come to decent instant coffee. Is it available in Argentina?
Buscar "Nescafe Gold" in mercado libre.

This is at the top of a long list:

It's also available in supermarkets throughought Argentina and even in one of the comparatively much smaller despensas in the residential zone 1 km from my house.

Today, the lowest price of one kilo of the Nescafe Clásico coffee is $38.000 pesos.

If my calculations are accurate, that's slightly more than $5.700 pesos per 150 grams.
Today's lowest price per kilo on Mercado Libre is actually $38.899, so the cost per 150 grams is actually about $5.840 pesos.

Real coffee. Excellent. Used by many coffee shops/ Expresso bars. $34.400 one kilo. MercadoLibre Free delivery. https://www.cafe5hispanos.com.ar/producto/santos-crema/
And real expensive when comparing the cost per cup, as one kilo of the 5 Hispanos ground coffee in the linked publicación will produce between 120 and 140 "cups" (aka shots?) of expresso...

...as compared to 113 cups/tazas per 170 grams (according to the labels on the jars) of Nescafe Clásico coffee...

...and I am relatively (but not absolutely) "certain" that a "cup" or single suggested serving of the Nescafe Clásico is larger than a shot of expresso.

Even if they are the same, the cost of the 5 Hispanos coffee (assuming one kilo renders 130 servings) would be about $260 pesos per serving, while the cost per one cup serving of the Nescafe Clásico would be less than $50 pesos.

Yes, your numbers are correct. However, we are not discussing similar or identical items. We are talking about different coffees, each with its own unique flavors, quality, and aroma. Some things in life are like that; one must invest more to obtain better quality.

Not only that but the quality here is poor. I had an espresso in London last week that was full of flavor. Everywhere in London the quality of coffee was better than in BA,
Coffee Town . Mercado Bolivar. San Telmo.

Back