Colonia Express Vs Buquebus

kerriem

Registered
Hi, has anyone taken the Colonia Express ferry to Montevideo? Is it worth putting up with a bit of discomfort for the cheap tickets or should I stick with Buquebus?

Loojk up on this forum AmigoArtistico´s experience with Colonia Express... say no more

Colonia Express has a new and larger boat (not a ferry though). It takes1:15 Hr to get there.

Colonia Express was fine for me, on the way to Colonia. Was not a windy/bad weather day. Didn't like that it left from Boca but I had a direct bus to the doorstep of the terminal (took the 130 from Nuñez). The boat was small but like I said, no wind, no problems.

I took Seacat from BA to Colonia and then the bus for the rest of the trip to Montevideo. I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but I bought the ticket in the physical office (not online, on Cordoba and approx. Esmerelda) and it was much, much cheaper (like 150-200 pesos cheaper).

I have taken Colonia Express and, while it's rather more cramped than Buquebus, It got me there on time and in one piece. The day I went there were fairly few people, so it was never uncomfortable. I might not do it again, simply because Puerto Madero is more convenient to my Palermo apartment than La Boca is.

Is it just me or there is very little difference in prices between Buquebus and Seacat online? I am getting 307 Bqb vs 256 Seacat. Is it much cheaper at their offices? Tips appreciated!.

Back