Commuting from Boating or San Isidro Chico

Viking

Registered
we are new to Buenos Aires and are looking to get a house in one of the gated communities San Isidro Chico or Boating in Beccar. Our consern is the commute to work in Puerto Madero. Cant find anybody that can give us a good solution for the commute. Anybody found a good way of travelling, best time to avoid traffic and give us an indication how long the commute will take? The reason for staying out there is that the kids will go to Lincoln School.

A couple of options: Take the Tigre line into Retiro then take a cab (1 hour) or catch the 20 bus 1 hour or 45 minutes. If you close to the Maipu Ave or Sante Fe up there you can take the express semirapido bus 152 bus it will take about 1 hour 30 minutes. If you drive you can take 1 hour or more depedning on time. Hubby commuted from Olivos to the South end of Puerto Madero. He finally gave up on the train, bus and drove so he could at least have A/C and a seat. If you get a remise you could pay up to $500 pesos for a driver a month. FYI. Buen Suerto.

Hey there!

I think you will HATE commuting from Zona Norte to Puerto Madero!
There is NO "good" way to do it, especially in rush hours, which it sounds like is when you will be needing to go!

You may really want to consider finding a place in Puerto Madero, which is a pretty upscale (although pricey) neighborhood.

My 2 centavoes....

David

Or live in San Telmo, if you can stand the all the tourists that is.

That sounds good to me BUT the problem then is that the kids will have to commute at least 1 hour each way (school bus stopping to pick up all the kids along the way). Doesnt really seem fair to them. Lincoln School is in La Lucila. Hmmmm, maybe something in between would be good. Vicente Lopez??

I had to ride the school bus for over an hour for 9 years. But nice that you are better at compromising than my dad is.

Viking said:
That sounds good to me BUT the problem then is that the kids will have to commute at least 1 hour each way (school bus stopping to pick up all the kids along the way). Doesnt really seem fair to them. Lincoln School is in La Lucila. Hmmmm, maybe something in between would be good. Vicente Lopez??

Yes. Something in between is probably best. What about Belgrano?

Back