Compatibility Of Dvd Players In Ba With Us Players

govenezia

Registered
I have burned several DVDs in the US on my PC. They play on US DVD players. Will they play on DVD players in BsAs? And do DVDs from BsAs play on US players? Thanks, guys

You can buy a universal DVD player here then look up on the internet how to make it truely universal using the remote. Its an easy process and I am able to watch all of my Zone 1 DVD's here. (DVD's are usually made to only work in certain zones. For example, a DVD from the US will not work in the UK because it is from a different zone. It has nothing to do with the DVD itself but rather the player.)

We hardly use or bother with Region 4 (Argentina) and most of the stuff aound is either Region Free (R0) or R1.
Comercial DVD players are mostly R1 and R4. Others can be unlocked by punching codes.
If you plan to buy local, Philips does the most compatible players. Fugly design but extremely multi-region friendly and forgiving players. Will play last week's leftover pizza slices for you. Samsung is also OK. Sony is bitchy and picky as hell.

Computer Media/Video players can be told to disregard Region.
If your DVD player tells you that you must change regions to watch this or that DVD it's time to change sofwares and look for the ones that do not check region.

Rule of thumb, most current TVs are dual standard, NTSC and PAL N. Cable signal is NTSC, DVDs are NTSC.
UK uses PAL and US uses NTSC. Not a region coding issue.

Back