Computer programming classes in BA?

tez

Registered
Not sure which category to place this in...

I would like to take some computer programming classes, but I'm not sure where to start or where to look...

I'm not completely computer-language ignorant, but I haven't taken any formal classes and everything I know is self-taught.

I really just want to take some classes to educate myself, so I can understand a bit of all this programming going on all around me. I also find it interesting.

I appreciate any ideas of places to look or what to search types of classes to search for!

No problem the classes being in Spanish, of course.

Thanks.

There is a place right by my apartment...on Guemes and Malabia. It looks pretty small, I am not sure it would be the best quality.

I would also check with UBA and other public universities, I think you would get the best classes there.

Reactions: tez
Thanks, I live near there I'll pass by.

Also, I'm looking to know what the class would be called that I am looking for (ha!) if anyone might be able to help with that.... programación informática? Seems like a ridiculous question to ask, but I am having trouble figuring out where to start looking...

I can't say I've studied there, but IT College (Ave Cordoba near 9 Julio) seems very professional - I've sat for Certification exams there. From the posters and propaganda floating around they seem to cover Microsoft, Oracle, etc
http://www.itcollege.com.ar/

What particular languages/technology are you looking at learning?
If you find the programming / Computer science interesting, regardless of languages, I recommend Project Euler (http://projecteuler.net/) it's a VERY nerdy way to kill some time and get your brain working.

funny, I just started last week myself, had looked for a place too, but figured, who needs to pay in this era of free information?? So I started doing the course online with MIT.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electric...nce-and-programming-fall-2008/video-lectures/

It's been great, at my own pace, schedules and with instant replay. Just need a bit of discipline and some extra tutorials and exercises. Don't have to leave the house in this cold weather or lose time commuting. If I ever need a certificate I'll go to an institution and pay for the exam or something

have fun!

Hi tez,

I am an IT Univ. professor here in BA. Would you like theoretical programming courses or something more practical and applicable to software programming languages nowadays (.NET, Java, PHP, HTML, etc)

Send me an IM and I will see if I can provide some help or guidance.

Regards

-Gabe

Thanks everyone, this is all great info.

Juan, where are you getting your extra tutorials and exercises? I'll definitely be checking those out, thanks :)

Mellow, Project Euler still hurts my head a bit at this point but I shared it with a couple of friends that I think will love it! Maybe later on down the road I'll learn some things that will make me be able to add at the multiples of 3 and 5 below 100 without writing each and everyone out on paper and adding it! ha!

I'll have a look at IT U. and get in touch. Thanks.

Back