Considering BA as an early retirement option

Yes, that's how they know. I always thought it was unfair - if you renounced prior citizenship and "allegiance to any other nation", there should be no record of it in the new passport.

Very true .. you may have it removed?.. i.e , if your nationality may be perceived as from a terrorist country? Palestine, Iraq, may raise eyebrows at US immigration? or for employment purposes..?

Did some research you must concur to a US Consulate and provide a Birth Certificate form a different Country? and request a Passport reissue..!

Can I change my place of Birth on Certificate?
Absolutely not, unless you could prove that your official place of birth was inaccurate. This is not like changing your name - your place of birth is a fact.1 nov. 2010

Why not leave "birthplace" blank in the passport? The State Department could keep the information in its files.

Wrong. She cannot choose her citizenship when she is in Argentina.
I do know that a dual citizen (A citizen of Argentina and a citizen of somewhere else.) is a citizen of Argentina while within it's borders. Argentina does not recognize you as a citizen of the other country you are a citizen of. But, if you would, please reply to the following:

If a dual citizen of Argentina and EE UU enters Argentina on their EE UU passport (Not showing an Argentine pass port due to EXPIRATION.) how is all that viewed?

Jumping ahead a little of your answer ... If the dual citizen enters Argentina and stays for a year or more ... given that they entered on a EE UU passport, BUT ... Argentina considers them an ARGENTINE when on it's soil ... did they overstay their EE UU visa / passport? And if they did, I would imagine they would be logged in the system as having done so and most likely be fined upon exiting the country? And would they have a major problem trying to re enter in the future if this was a first offense to the visa overstay policy of Argentina?

I am not sure I asked all the right questions, so please feel free to offer more if you think it is useful.

In advance ... Thank you so much!!

I do know that a dual citizen (A citizen of Argentina and a citizen of somewhere else.) is a citizen of Argentina while within it's borders. Argentina does not recognize you as a citizen of the other country you are a citizen of. But, if you would, please reply to the following:

If a dual citizen of Argentina and EE UU enters Argentina on their EE UU passport (Not showing an Argentine pass port due to EXPIRATION.) how is all that viewed?
You do not need a passport (a militar document) for entering the country without a war, only to be Argentine. You can show the expired passport, a DNI, CI, birth certificate or your oath, they know if you are a citizen as soon as you put your finger in the scan. This is why they have a RENAPER ultra express at the International Airport.
For leaving, only DNI is Ok if you have a second passport. In the worst scenario, they print you a new passport right there.
However, if you are naturalized, use the expired AR passport because SC precedents allows to cancel your AR citizenship.
The expiration date is for leaving the country, for entering it has an automatic extention of 2 years if I don’t remember improperly, but only AR is going to recognize that. The Consul can attest you passport with that extention only abroad.

Last edited:
You do not need a passport (a militar document) for entering the country without a war, only to be Argentine. You can show the expired passport, a DNI, CI, birth certificate or your oath, they know if you are a citizen as soon as you put your finger in the scan. This is why they have a RENAPER ultra express at the International Airport.
For leaving, only DNI is Ok if you have a second passport. In the worst scenario, they print you a new passport right there.
However, if you are naturalized, use the expired AR passport because SC precedents allows to cancel your AR citizenship.
The expiration date is for leaving the country, for entering it has an automatic extention of 2 years if I don’t remember improperly, but only AR is going to recognize that. The Consul can attest you passport with that extention only abroad.
WOW! - Thanks for such a complete answer. I really appreciate your reply.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/segurid...-robar-al-estacionamiento-edificio-nid2398532

Regarding forced entries to buildings in my neighborhood that I mentioned earlier, seems they are back a decade and or two later... Right next to the US embassy in one of the most “watched” neighborhoods in CABA.

Could be that they are taking advantage of less people on the streets or it could be the fact that the lines for soup kitchens are getting longer and more desperate than ever before. Ojo.

Back