Considering BA as an early retirement option

From what I have heard from people who have lived there ... (And this is unverified by me ... so someone please correct me if I am in error.) Once a resident / tax payer of CA ... always one? It seems your tax obligation to the state follows you elsewhere as you move on with your life in some form or another. Setting that dynamic aside, the tax rat in CA is among the highest in the nation. Although the place is beautiful, the toll is high.

From what I have heard from people who have lived there ... (And this is unverified by me ... so someone please correct me if I am in error.) Once a resident / tax payer of CA ... always one? It seems your tax obligation to the state follows you elsewhere as you move on with your life in some form or another. Setting that dynamic aside, the tax rat in CA is among the highest in the nation. Although the place is beautiful, the toll is high.
Virginia is the same - once a taxpayer, the Old Dominion does not let go easily. It is one of the hardest States to shake off.

If she was born in Argentina but enters with a non-Argentine passport she gets a 180 day tourist visa, instead of the 90 days allowed to foreigners.

The foreign passport must indicate place of birth ? for immigration officers at Ezeiza to determine the length of visa to grant?

The foreign passport must indicate place of birth ? for immigration officers at Ezeiza to determine the length of visa to grant?
Yes, that's how they know. I always thought it was unfair - if you renounced prior citizenship and "allegiance to any other nation", there should be no record of it in the new passport.

Yes, that's how they know. I always thought it was unfair - if you renounced prior citizenship and "allegiance to any other nation", there should be no record of it in the new passport.

Very true .. I hear you may have it removed?.. i.e , if your nationality may be perceived as from a terrorist country? Palestine, Iraq, may raise eyebrows at US immigration? or for employment purposes..?

Back