Coping With Currency Restrictions

If you had read me you d know I dont like Cristina. I found her demagogic and I do believe she and her husband were very corrupted. I believe they stole the "fondos de Santa Cruz" when Nestor was governor. More than 500 million dollars. I dont like her. But I do like some of the K people, and I do like some of the policies taken these years. I believe this is the more nationalistic government we had in decades.

About the social plans, of course is not the solution, and of course is clientelismo. Its pure politics: an exchange of favours. Of course they expect those votes because thay give social plans. This is how this country works, this is how politics work. Exchanging favours. What do you expect, some global altruistic vision of the country? Of course not. Every one votes according their personal situation.
I know of becas that if you dont assist, they dont give you the money. Im talikng of photography course my maidfs daughters are taking, and if they dont assis t they wont get the 400 pesos.
It is laways better for this young peoiple to stay at home or at a course than working in the street as they used to be 10 years ago.

Hey while we're kicking people off the nanny state dole, why don't we start with Chevron who got a sweet USD 400 million tax break from the K's and then get Monsanto to pay the estimated USD 70 million it owes AFIP. I've got the boys in the lab trying to calculate how many plasmas that is.

I know that the entirely money Barrick Golds leaves in the country goes for education. I know and heard lots of proffesors of mine who work in National Universities that are EXTREMELY HAPPY with this situation. Very good salaries, lots of money to research, lots of programmes, lots of becas.
6.5% of GDP to education (while other governments invested 2%) and 1% of GDP to superior studies, to universities. A LOT. Lots of people linked with state universities are wealthier than ever, and they truly cant believe to have all that money.

Matias says it is the middle class and above that are going to put Argentina in the hole because of escaping to the dollar. Sorry Matias, I beg to differ, it is the rest of the country that is abusing the govt programmes that will be the nail in the coffin of the Argentine economy.

You based your entire argument on an anecdote...

When will this forum have a discussion about the middle/upper classes and their role in inflation, as well as some of the other causes? The "it's-all-the-planes-trabajar" argument is such a simplistic view of this problem.

Regarding the middle/upper classes, personal loans, credit card debt, auto loans, etc. all increased by more than 30 percent in the last year. The middle/upper class spends money that it hasn't earned, pays it over a year (or more), and the money is already in public circulation boosting demand and inflating prices way before they ever pay it off. If we're going to remove the subsidies for the poor, cut pensions and scale back public spending, I guess it's only fair that we stop the generous flow of credit (and subsidized low interest rates) that's allowing the middle class to stay afloat, no?

It's so easy to cut off the other guy. I guess it won't be so easy to watch the economy tumble as a result.

ignorance. the true opiate of the people. I'm gonna get some popcorn. this is getting good.

I know that the entirely money Barrick Golds leaves in the country goes for education. I know and heard lots of proffesors of mine who work in National Universities that are EXTREMELY HAPPY with this situation. Very good salaries, lots of money to research, lots of programmes, lots of becas.
6.5% of GDP to education (while other governments invested 2%) and 1% of GDP to superior studies, to universities. A LOT. Lots of people linked with state universities are wealthier than ever, and they truly cant believe to have all that money.
barrick gold pays 40-45% in Canada and the USA and only 20-25% in Argentina. And even less to poorer countries. Whatever is going to education should be double if the politicians weren't lining their pockets with bribes. or better yet, natonalize the mines and keep 100% of the profits. third world mentalities are just that. third world.

I'm not the only one who has offered to pay stuff for foreigners in Bsas right? I paid for a Brazilian guy's meal so I could get Reals cash.
He didn't ask why but was glad I did because they only took Pesos/Dollars lol

Back