Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Ah Sr. Perry...you used the operative word....futile!
Does this mean that you agree with Perry that " it seems futile to deny how serious this is and how it can impact all our lives" or do you not agree that it is really as serious as Perry believes?"

Although it may still seem futile to try to convince some people how serious the situation really is, I believe that is about to change.

I wonder who they'll blame when they wake up, the CPC for the initial cover up or the people, including the US mainstream media (Washing ton Post, e.g.) who played down the danger and/or those who said that it was racist and bigoted to sound the alarm about the disease when the news was beginning to leak out of China?

I do not believe it is futile to try to stop the worldwide spread of the virus at this point, but the only way to avoid getting the disease (or at least postpone getting it) is (to quote a phrase I first heard used by Steve Bannon in the video I posted last night) is by engaging in "social isolation."

Good luck with that, especially to those expats who are stuck in small apartments in the city and don't have space to stock up on the essentials to enjoy a "comfortable quarantine experience"

Last edited:
Some stats:

Out of 80328 coronavirus cases, there have been 2707 deaths. That is a 3.37% death rate.

The Spanish Flu death rate was 2-3%

Ebola's death rate is 90%.

Last edited:
The death rate has been highest amoung middle aged men who smoke. Exactly the population that, globally, is highest in China. Certainly its a serious disease, and will kill a lot of people, but I am dubious that it will be the black swan event many global disaster fans are hoping for.

The death rate has been highest amoung middle aged men who smoke. Exactly the population that, globally, is highest in China. Certainly its a serious disease, and will kill a lot of people, but I am dubious that it will be the black swan event many global disaster fans are hoping for.

Keep denying the reality as this has killed nearly a dozen in Italy and also in Iran . Once the medical systems collapse from the strain of treating the infected people the death rate will rise much higher . In China this is the case with Wuhan City there are many reports of over 50 000 dead and many of these are not from the coronavirus . People with other diseases are not being treated correctly . families are locked into homes without food, medical supplies are nearly finshed , and people are running out of money. This is the worst disaster by far that I have seen in my lifetime and the draconian response by the Chinese government is chilling .

Within 8 weeks if the lockdown continues in China most small and medium sized business will be bankrupt which employ over 50% of the chinese population . This can cause the collapse of the world economy and have huge implications for the value of the us dollar as China is the owner of over 1 trillion dollars of us debt. Japan as well is now in recession and if this virus propagates it would shut down this economy causing a double whammy effect on the USA and world economy .

America ( the continent ) and Africa are still coronavirus free, maybe it is time to ban all incoming flights and ships / cruises to the continent, I believe it is the only way to avoid it.

It's ok, what a relief it is to hear on the news this morning..... "all visitors from Italy will be asked to sign a form declaring that they are not contagious"
"Como Italia tiene doce vuelos directos a Ezeiza, e indagaremos a los pasajeros de vuelos de Italia. Vamos a realizarles un control y les vamos a hacer firmar una declaración jurada de que no tienen síntomas", señaló el funcionario en declaraciones televisivas.

America ( the continent ) and Africa are still coronavirus free, maybe it is time to ban all incoming flights and ships / cruises to the continent, I believe it is the only way to avoid it.
With all due respect, I think we have to assume that Covid 19 is already here now. Just cause it's not being reported yet makes me even MORE suspicious. So far Argentina has taken ZERO precautions with people returning from China weeks ago:
https://www.perfil.com/noticias/sal...na-no-fueron-sometidos-a-ningun-control.phtml

Last edited:
With all due respect, I think we have to assume that Covid 19 is already here now. Just cause it's not being reported yet makes me even MORE suspicious. So far Argentina has taken ZERO precautions with people returning from China weeks ago:
https://www.perfil.com/noticias/sal...na-no-fueron-sometidos-a-ningun-control.phtml
The virus does not survive in warm weather, this is why it spreads accross the northern hemisphere. I think with drastic measures such as non incoming flights, ships, etc it could still be prevented.

North America has cases of corona virus.

"The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses. “It’s likely that many will have mild disease, or may be asymptomatic,” he said. As with influenza, which is often life-threatening to people with chronic health conditions and of older age, most cases pass without medical care. (Overall, around 14 percent of people with influenza have no symptoms.)

Lipsitch is far from alone in his belief that this virus will continue to spread widely. The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease—a fifth “endemic” coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, “cold and flu season” could become “cold and flu and COVID-19 season.”

Back