Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
The virus is in Australia, still happily enjoying one of the hottest summers on record. That it is not proliferating is probably due to the strict quarantine and travel restrictions now in place from China, not because of the hot weather.

Thanks to the poster of the Atlantic article, which provides a view that puts the situation into a new and interesting perspective. Always good to read serious reporting rather than just listening to stream of consciousness talking heads and fake throught leaders on YouTube.

The virus is reported in Brazil...first case in South America....the patient was in Italy earlier this month.....here we go!

Two disturbing articles in todays news:

Marc Lipsitch, professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and head of the School’s Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, talked to the Harvard Gazette about recent developments in the outbreak and provided a look ahead. He mentioned the possibibility that this virus could be 'uncontainable'.

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention/Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said Tuesday at a news conference: "... they expect the coronavirus begin spreading at a community level in the United States, andl said that disruptions to daily life could be “severe.”

My interpretation is that they think there is a good chance that many, many people will be infected. But because the virus is not as deadly as say, ebola, the biggest impact may be in severe disruptions of daily life such as (I imagine) truckers not delivering groceries or hospitals being unable to treat new patients or shortages of medicines or looting and rioting.

The virus does not survive in warm weather, this is why it spreads accross the northern hemisphere

Today I have learned that Singapore, with its 89 confirmed cases, is a cold weather place.

What do we actually know about those under treatment?

Iz

OK, I am in the final stages of setting up my plan. Once the coronavirus arrives in Argentina I am going to do whatever I can to catch it. Once I have been infected I will refuse treatment. As I quickly go downhill I will travel by Buquebus to Uruguay. Once there I will contact Pepe Mujica and beg him (as a fellow Red) to run over me with one of his outrageously expensive tractors.

Back