Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I was shocked to learn that Chinese "scientists" have been known to sell live "test"animals to butchers in food markets when their "research" is finished.

I have been watching this doctor's updates since they began:

PS: I've also been watching all of Dr, John Campbell's videos.

Here's his latest:

Last edited:
The virus is reported in Brazil...first case in South America....the patient was in Italy earlier this month.....here we go!
As the Lone Ranger (or anyone Going Galt) might reply, "What do you mean we, Tonto?"

PS: I was in Bahia Blanca today. possibly for the last time in (at least) he next six months.

The streets in the downtown area were filled with people as usual and they were not avoiding each other in any way.

No one was wearing a face mask.

I went to Walmart about 1 PM. It wasn't very busy and only a few of the people in the (single) 20 cart deep line waiting to check out had carts that were more than half full.

One thing worth noting: there were no whole chickens avialble in the meat deportment, either thawed or frozen ...

,,,and there was not a single can of tuna on the shelves.

A few Argentine's have obviously been prepping.

Before returning to my house, I drove to a grocery store (Cooperativa Obrera) in Punta Alta.

The shelves were well stocked with tuna and there were plenty of whole (frozen) chickens available.

I wonder how soon that will change...

I was shocked to learn that Chinese "scientists" have been known to sell live "test"animals to butchers in food markets when their "research" is finished.

I have been watching this doctor's updates since they began:

PS: I've also been watching all of Dr, John Campbell's videos.

Here's his latest:

Spreading false conspiracy theories is not needed right now.

Spreading false conspiracy theories is not needed right now.

I find Steves post sensible in the current light .

What has happened in Wuhan China even the most crazy conspiracy theorist would not have dreamt up the current scenario.
Not in a million years would I have imagined that a modern city of 11 million people would be completely locked down , people locked in their apartments, building doors welded shut so that the tenants could not leave . Anyone not wearing a mask is arrested and if you resist severe punishment is meted out . 6 weeks have passed there now and still the people are locked up in their homes with many starving . lacking medicines , and very little cash as all business has shut down now for this time .

Imagine if they shut down San Francisco or Los Angeles those who are not prepared could easily die in their homes for lack of medicines or even starvation . The human body is resilent but some people have compromised inmune systems and without food for a week they will get oportunistic infections that will cause their death . In the USA nearly 78 % of the population have enough money for only two weeks in a emergency. Please read the article below on Forbes -

In Wuhan China many people have died not from the coronavirus but from the lack of medicines neded for diabetes , heart problems, cancer etc etc . Same scenario can happen anywhere .

Last edited:
I find Steves post sensible in the current light .
What has happened in Wuhan China even the most crazy conspiracy theorist would not have dreamt up the current scenario.
Not in a million years would I have imagined that a modern city of 11 million people would be completely locked down , people locked in their apartments, building doors welded shut so that the tenants could not leave . Anyone not wearing a mask is arrested and if you resist severe punishment is meted out . 6 weeks have passed there now and still the people are locked up in their homes with many starving . lacking medicines , and very little cash as all business has shut down now for this time .
Imagine if they shut down San Francisco or Los Angeles those who are not prepared could easily die in their homes for lack of medicines or even starvation . The human body is resilent but some people have compromised inmune systems and without food for a week they will get oportunistic infections that will cause their death . In the USA nearly 78 % of the population have enough money for only two weeks in a emergency. Please read the article below on Forbes -
In Wuhan China many people have died not from the coronavirus but from the lack of medicines neded for diabetes , heart problems, cancer etc etc . Same scenario can happen anywhere .
Have you and Steve considered dropping your sensational postings on China, another culture, a huge population, on the other side of the world and equator and gaming out what is occurring where you're living and preparatory measures for dealing with it locally? Or offering responsible reporting that's available as other countries adapt to the arrival of the virus? This forum is going to become a resource for survival here or a sensation strewn place for unhelpful incitements. Think about it.

Have you and Steve considered dropping your sensational postings on China, another culture, a huge population, on the other side of the world and equator and gaming out what is occurring where you're living and preparatory measures for dealing with it locally? Or offering responsible reporting that's available as other countries adapt to the arrival of the virus? This forum is going to become a resource for survival here or a sensation strewn place for unhelpful incitements. Think about it.

What is sensational about telling the truth ? A city Wuhan is on lockdown for now 6 weeks with people dying in their homes and no respect for human rights . You think this is ok and this should be implemented in the USA or elsewhere?

What is sensational about telling the truth ? A city Wuhan is on lockdown for now 6 weeks with people dying in their homes and no respect for human rights . You think this is ok and this should be implemented in the USA or elsewhere?
Last I looked the title of this thread was still "Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard". You might consider opening a new thread to indulge your China concerns, e.g,, "China and how they dealt and are dealing with the Corona Virus".
Regarding approaches to dealing with a pandemic, like the Corona virus, very tough choices to be made. The solutions that work are what matters.
Take a look at this science reporter's contribution based on the 1918 Spanish flu and other outbreaks.: "
To Take On the Coronavirus, Go Medieval on It
Quarantines and restrictive measures served a purpose in the old days. They can now, too."

7 hours ago - Marriott Is Already Reopening China Hotels During Coronavirus Crisis. The company isn't forecasting a major impact outside of Asia, and it's already reopening hotels inside China.

The sector’s largest player has had its China operation annihilated by the coronavirus crisis, but is already seeing positive signs of a return to normal.

So much so that the chain has started to open hotels that had been closed in China, executives said. They didn’t say where, or specify how many.

Back