Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
If an arriving passenger on board an airliner is suspected of being infected with CO-19? The disembarkation should be suspended and the passenger tested , if positive ..! the whole plane goes in quarantine?

On Thursday afternoon, further the good news "As of 11 March, no case of local transmission had been reported." Total reported cases is now 21, two traveling from Europe added on 11 March. Per Wikipedia.

My mission today, a quick trip out to find isopropyl alcohol or alcohol gel and pick up a few more things for the long stay larder.
The short story is, in this neighborhood, there is NO ALCOHOL of any sort to be found. Slogging from pharmacy to pharmacy and finally
the Aleman Hospital on Pueyrredon where i waited in line at their pharmacy nearly an our to be told none available of any kind.
A hospital without isopropyl alcohol!! Also Coto on French, nada or the local hardware store. Counter people made vague references to more stock in the future.
Should you go on your own hunt be sure to take a powerful magnifying glass. The back labels on products are extremely small and hard to read.

Ethyl Alcohol 90 % is available to use diluted to 70 % one liter $240 pesos. Guess isopropyl alcohol is not that common, must have scared sales people .. (If pronounced in English...!)

Last edited:
First local case of infection. In Chaco, person was in touch with friend arrived from Europe..!

Farmacia Nueva Palermo , Av. Santa Fe & Bulnes
Ethyl Alcohol 96 % , 250 ml. $70 pesos
Interesting indeed. In the area of Pueyreddon and Las Heras and up Pueyreddon towards Santa Fe, at least 6 Farmacias had 0, none - liquid or gel. Plus Aleman hospital farmacia, also 0 none available. However...
Doing a search on Mercado Libre: Alcohol Isopropilico aka Isopropyl alcohol is available from a trusted supplier, 1 liter for 329 pesos (you must arrange delivery separately with the seller located in De Coto) .
And, given my experience with 0 alcohol available in the
farmacias today maybe I should buy a liter and produce my own, join the avocado sellers on the street with my own box of alcohol hand sanitizers!

Here:

Last edited:
Prediction: Alcohol in Gel may become available immediately at the inflated current prices . Since prices MUST revert, by decree, to the Prices valid on Feb.15 $$$

Interesting indeed. In the area of Pueyreddon and Las Heras and up Pueyreddon towards Santa Fe, at least 6 Farmacias had 0, none - liquid or gel. Plus Aleman hospital farmacia, also 0 none available. However...
Doing a search on Mercado Libre: Alcohol Isopropilico aka Isopropyl alcohol is available from a trusted supplier, 1 liter for 329 pesos (you must arrange delivery separately with the seller located in De Coto) .
And, given my experience with 0 alcohol available in the
farmacias today maybe I should buy a liter and produce my own, join the avocado sellers on the street with my own box of alcohol hand sanitizers!

Here:

I predict that where I purchased the Ethyl Alcohol may not have Alcohol Isopropilico at all..?

Back