Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I predict that where I purchased the Ethyl Alcohol may not have Alcohol Isopropilico at all..?
According to an article on the use of alcohol, ethyl or isopropyl are both effective against the virus if over 60% by volume per the CDC and the WHO.
I can quote you the source if interested. So doesn't matter which at the place you purchased, as long as they've got one or the other.

Common bleach - lavandina - is also effective: one spoonful of bleach in one liter of water does the trick.

I already canceled my upcoming trip to BA but saw this. It says Americans entering are subject to quarantine. https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/lat...solate-travelers-from-virus-hit-nations.phtml Thank you for all the helpful posts.
It looks like you were ahead of your time...

I just wanted to say thank you to some of the forward thinking people on this thread - you know who you are.

I´m sure they (whoever they may be) greatly appreciate your gratitude.

friends that I have tried to warn (and subsequently were making fun of me) are now hitting me up for how to get ready for this.

I´ve been prepping for almost ten years and now, at the last minute, I am still doing so with some last minute purchases.

I was in Punta Alta today and stopped by the taller of one of my freinds. ALL of the men I drink mate with (including my friend´s brother who lives in CF) were there, huggung, kissing, and sharing the mate as if there was nothing to worry about.

There´s still time to be smart and calmly prepare.

Not much, I fear...and I fear far less for myself than others...

Last edited:
Yea @Steve it is the same here like nothing is going on they even joke about it. I try to warn them even tell them I was a nurse etc... pointless really. Only benefit in their conduct is that once it takes off it should burn through the region quickly enough that we get to the other side faster then those trying to slow it down.

Like you, in the final stage now a little here a little there.

Interesting seems I am not the only one updating the magic plastic money cards. Usually they are on there way here in 7 days took them 8 days just to get them out of manufacturing and send them this time. They should be in the mail in a few days headed this way in a day to two. Believe me you want your at card operational for at least the next two years given the current global situation.

URU is still a preppers paradise nothing is in low supply by any means. Think I will be really well loaded and wrap over the weekend.

Since Germany now thinks it is air borne we are in a whole other realm, if that is true. Especially given the fact that these cultures have no such thing as personal space. Oh yeah just slam into any ones space anywhere and breath all over them.

Tick tock we shall see.

Spoke to a very good friend from the USA and he gave me information that Seattle Washington will be locked down under quarantine in 2 weeks maximum. They are already preparing the military for this task.

Perry made the above post four days ago...and was strongly criticized for it.

Yesterday I heard a doctor, who´s information appears to has been very accurate in the past month, quote a reliable source (someone in authority) as saying that she fears there could be seventy thousand case of the coronavirus in Seattle within the next six weeks.

I can´t help but wonder if the person who made thaat prediction also thinks the number could be lowered by a quarantine...

...and, according to Perry´s good friend, is already being prepared.

Here´s the video (go to 12:45):

Last edited:
This is the why of prepping how many in the mayhem are infected spreading while your not in the mayhem? The virus is not the main concern ignorant humans gone into a herd mentality is.

I am writing this from a small town in the Argentinian countryside and looking at the cases explode in Buenos Aires I do feel a sense of safety here .

I like someone to explain to me logically why Northern Italy has now over 1000 deaths and now over 12000 confirmed cases and countries that are just next door to China like Vietnam . Malaysia , and Singapore with so few cases and zero deaths . The arguments do not add up about close personal contacts as Vietnam and Malaysia are countries that are very overpopulated with large families compared to Italians ( Also Italians are very clean people )

The other argument about italians being a older population also does not add up as Malaysia and most asian societies have a rapidly aging population nearly equal to Italian but the total death rate of Malaysia , Vietnam, and Thailand is only 2 people dead compared to over 1000 dead in Italy .

I look forward to your comments

Yea @Steve it is the same here like nothing is going on they even joke about it.
If that's aimed at the cartoon, taking precautions does not preclude going on with one's life. And yes, that includes a bit of humor.

Which is sorely lacking here.

Back