Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Feeling fortunate to be in Argentina now and during this time. The President of Argentina inspires confidence under the circumstances.
This morning's Buenos Aires Times report.

I´m sure they (whoever they may be) greatly appreciate your gratitude.

:)

Not much, I fear...and I fear far less for myself than others...

I'm afraid you're right. We need to be paying close attention to what's happening in other countries - like Italy. Shutdowns happen from one day to the next without warning. I'm afraid that could happen any day now in Buenos Aires.

I'm glad to have been calmly prepping in the weeks leading up. Have still be picking up a few things. It's hard to know how long this will last.

This is one of the best articles I've seen to explain this situation. It seems to break down the data points that governments are using to make difficult decisions to slow spreading. (The title is alarming but it's a great read!).

We can be part of the change, inform others and do our best to slow the spread not kissing, hugging, sharing mate, and as much social isolation as possible etc...

I live in Capital but stoped going into the office and taking public transport two weeks ago. I miss the gym and my office space but feel it's the responsible thing to do.

On another note:
My sister is a dietician in Seattle. She works with high-risk people, including dialisis patients. In the past she's consulted in some of the nursing homes where the worst outbreaks have occurred. She has zero concern about this, as the doctors and nurses she works with think this is just a 'cold'. She was actually outraged that people and the media are "overreacting."

.. Gives me little hope that outbreaks will be controlled in the US and has me very worried about my family at home.

Stay safe everyone <3

Lots if not most of us, natives, were raised to ignore our beloved government as a simple way to keep our sanity.

When you learn how our dear Health Minister grossly miscalculated the obvious...and gambled with the lives of an entire nation.

Time waits for no one, sung The Rolling Stones but Freddie Mercury's song «Time» lyrics are more appropiate right now.

Iz

Last edited:
so I just left my grand daughter at a private school and pointed out to a teacher that as the children are released the teacher cups each child on the face and gives them a big wet kiss on the cheek! 250 kids in total. I pointed out there is a virus in Arg. Teacher says its custom (like I do not know that), I told her new custom for me....no one touches my grand daughters face or kisses her. A typical Argie response of "this is how we do it" idiots

At the hamburger joint last night (just after watching Fernandez speak on TV) they passed me the flashing phone shaped buzzer that goes off and flashes when the thing is ready. When I pointed out that this method would need to change and they should mention it to manager, they didn't have the slightest idea why.

At the hamburger joint last night (just after watching Fernandez speak on TV) they passed me the flashing phone shaped buzzer that goes off and flashes when the thing is ready. When I pointed out that this method would need to change and they should mention it to manager, they didn't have the slightest idea why.

Dean & Denis makes great burgers ....! same system... Must worry ! what about Peso bills? the prime source of infection? use only CC.

Ressitancia Chaco 2nd death in Argentina most likely shedding a good amount of virus as he did not start symptoms until around 10 days after he was back in Argentina. Blows my mind sort of, just across the river 20 minutes from where I used to live. Knowing what I know I would estimate that region is going to get slammed within the next few months. Super low quality medical care public hospitals have little or nothing in many ways and a hyper mate fanatic culture.

I would say I am officially very concerned about my wifes family and so many friends and their families.

It's Friday the 13th and enough positive experiences today to give the old bad luck connected with the date a run for it's money.
The dueño dropped a liter of hard to find 96% alcohol on me this morning and Western Union Wheel of Fortune kicked the peso up to 88.3. Cash in your chips.
Of course all this meant tripping over to Corrientes, full of people and cars as usual, to find hand sprayers for the alcohol and later over to Uriburu / Arenales to pick up the WU cash.
Missions accomplished and now maybe I can sequester myself away from the street life and stay off the streets. And street life there is - loads of traffic on a Friday afternoon, streets full of kids getting out of school to join the waiting parents, Argentinos out and shopping or whatever. It seems for now they've got one ear on the radio and news and with the other life continues in all it's Argentine abundance and ways of life. For now, watching all on a Friday afternoon, you'd never know there was a care. And life seems almost carefree in the streets of Recoleta. Enticing, we live a day at a time.

I have heard that hospitals are being told not to report cases because of the panic it will cause... Things are a lot worse than what the Government is saying. Argentina will end up in a similiar situation to Europe and panic/supermarket looting will follow. The worst is yet to come - and this is in summer with high humidity. Wait until cooler temperatures come the virus will spread quicker. Argentina is not built custom wise/infrastructure for what is coming. Everyone please do your best to avoid gatherings/touching/kissing etc so this shit can pass and we can all get back to a normal life.

Back