Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
A semi-digression to vent my contempt for our politicians. Everybody knew this was going to happen. The Walking Dead, and recent movies starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Dustin Hoffman and Will Smith all about viruses spreadring. Countless fiction and non-fiction books too.
Yet the lowlife shits that we elect couldn't spare a few minutes to order effective plans to be drawn up or medical supplies to be stocked.

People here don't seem to be taking this seriously. When I tell them (family, friends, aquaintances) what has happened in Europe the usual response I get is, "it won't get that bad here". I guess this is a pattern that has followed the coronavirus around the world, denial before the reality hits.

So surreal, day one total isolation sitting in my stock room looking at everything from bottles of wine, to cans of pringles, carbs, canned goods, paper supplies, alcohol bottles, meds and more. Thinking about the people I see every day I did not see today. The things I usually do that I did not do today. So surreal.

So surreal, day one total isolation sitting in my stock room looking at everything from bottles of wine, to cans of pringles, carbs, canned goods, paper supplies, alcohol bottles, meds and more. Thinking about the people I see every day I did not see today. The things I usually do that I did not do today. So surreal.
Nice humble brag but good luck to you and it seems you prepared the good way.

You do know you don't have to sit with the things you prepped, right?

Nice humble brag but good luck to you and it seems you prepared the good way.

You do know you don't have to sit with the things you prepped, right?

Not a brag was just weird man like a place I never imagined I would be. So much preparing for so many weeks and now it starts. I was just in their to get some things and decided to sit for a minute and the whole situation just sank right in on a whole different level. So busy getting ready while maintaining my business and work at the same time . Looking at all of it in the reality of the now just surreal.

Seemed like one thing getting ready for it and then the whole thing changes when getting ready is over and the it is here. Due to the nursing work background the it is some thing very diferent for me than most people especially around here. Just hoping I did every correctly, will know for sure in about 2 weeks. Thanks we are going to need luck unless the politicians get their heads out of their asses I do not see that happening.

The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency of USA) has just released a list of 200 disinfecting agents that can be used for Corona Virus.
The listings include the contact time (length of time the surface must be kept wet) to be effective. The manufacturers and brand names may or may not be in this market but the active ingredients of the products should be enough to indicate what works and what you need to look for. The good news, this list goes well beyond ethyl or isopropyl alcohol.

Back