Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Why are you downplaying the threat of this virus Expatotree?
I think it just makes him feel safer.

No doubt, it is the British Government who publishes fake obituaries in Italian regional newspapers.

Looks like a 'total quarantine' is being actively considered.

Just came across this from a Thailand news outlet. Thailand is buy-in a large amount of Favipiravir an anti-viral drug showing effective for Coronavirus in less severe patients. Thailand is sourcing from China.
It's repeated here in The Guardian, so credible...

My hat's off to you, Pensador.

Actually, a long-retired physician friend in Palm Springs is going back into battle. Eighty five, but energetic and brilliant as ever. He's exhilarated at the prospect.

I was just reminiscing about how I left nursing years ago. Because I a was big boy working my up I finally ended up in a ward that was full of various mail patients with brain injuries that resulted violent tendencies. Getting bit, scratched, sucker punched and more was part of the routine. Never retaliate they have idea what they are doing anyway. Oh I can tell you a good bite hurts like hell especially when your not expecting it.

I worked the 3 to 11 shift on purpose days free to raise my sons and the 11 to 7 shift was the one that had lite coverage patents sleeping etc and had the nurses calling in to not work sick as well as being and easy shift. Easy hours to pick up on the 11 to 7 get time and half and easy to put making it easy to get into over time and make even more money.

So one day I walk into work a bit before 3PM the director of nursing comes and tells me your on own everyone else has called in. I am thinking oh man I am gonna get my ass kicked all night. I need at least one more nurse or an aide as you cannot handle some of these violet types on your own. I looked at her and said have a nice night I am going home.

Well that pretty much resulted in me being black listed and off to programming and design I went.

At this point we really don´t know what a "total quarantine" would actually entail:

a google translation of the article:

Given the sustained increase in cases that now number 97 in (the entire) country, Alberto analyzes a total stop. The government will adopt "all necessary measures," Massa said in response to that question. Tomorrow the president meets with governors.

After President Alberto Fernández's meeting with the opposition, the head of the Chamber of Deputies, Sergio Massa, stated this afternoon that the government will adopt "all the measures that are necessary to prevent the curve of cases from growing."

At a time when there is talk of the possibility that the Executive Branch determines a quarantine for the entire country, the leader of the Renovador Front stressed: "The Government's decision is to take all the necessary measures to prevent the curve of cases from growing "

"The most important thing we want to convey to the Argentines is that here at this stage there is no government and opposition. There is no crack. We have all given our support to the President, our commitment to enable the tools, all the strength to make them feel that beyond party politics today we all have to be united, "emphasized Massa.

Just came across this from a Thailand news outlet. Thailand is buy-in a large amount of Favipiravir an anti-viral drug showing effective for Coronavirus in less severe patients. Thailand is sourcing from China.
It's repeated here in The Guardian, so credible...

Probably because Thailand is one of the countries partnered with the WHO for the 'solidarity covid trials' which were announced earlier by the WHO (see their daily YouTube update).

There will be 6 different pharmas tested across various countries. Favipiravir is one of them.

The WHO in their address today made clear that so far there is nowhere near enough data to show effectiveness, hence the trials.

PS, as with the refusal to use the cheap generic tests provided by the WHO, the USA and the UK are not forming part of this initiative, preferring to 'partner with the private sector' to monetize the related covid tests/treatments. Fyi

URU is news flash and starting to shut everything down, and they are moving fast now. My low ball estimation 10K to 30K cases and only a fraction of a fraction detected at this point.

To add to London2Baires post:
18 March 2020
.....The alternative being considered by the Casa Rosada, according to confirmed gov't sources and the sanitary sector, would contemplate the
instrumentation of a scheme of "total isolation" which could be put into effect next Wednesday after the "bridge" holiday and for an estimated minimum term of 1 week to 10 days....

Probably because Thailand is one of the countries partnered with the WHO for the 'solidarity covid trials' which were announced earlier by the WHO (see their daily YouTube update).
There will be 6 different pharmas tested across various countries. Favipiravir is one of them.
The WHO in their address today made clear that so far there is nowhere near enough data to show effectiveness, hence the trials.
PS, as with the refusal to use the cheap generic tests provided by the WHO, the USA and the UK are not forming part of this initiative, preferring to 'partner with the private sector' to monetize the related covid tests/treatments. Fyi
Clear and with all respect to the trial process, if you read the article Chinese are reporting clear indications of lowering the symptoms while the Japanese, who are producing are circumspect probably for practical, legal and responsible reasons, apart from whether the drug is having beneficial results.
Further China appears to be 'over the hump' with the coronavirus, from news reports.With Chinese returning to China from other countries. Besides the rigorous decontamination there Is Favipiravir responsible in some part? I'm sure Thailand which has a sophisticated medical capability and ability to evaluate isn't buying all they can get for spurious reasons.
I'm not trying to hype this, except to cut around the necessary laborious and time laden testing requirements, to say this is the most positive report on a drug knocking down the virus I've seen. Gives hope, something to watch, and you'd think at this point with Argentina looking down the barrel, what would they have to lose to 'experiment' here?
Well noted the US and UK's working with the drug companies. A scandal in general that is roiling US politics. Don't know about UK.

Clear and with all respect to the trial process, if you read the article Chinese are reporting clear indications of lowering the symptoms while the Japanese, who are producing are circumspect probably for a practical and responsible reasons, apart from whether the drug is having beneficial results.
Further China appears to be 'over the hump' with the coronavirus, from news reports.With Chinese returning to from other countries. Is Favipiravir responsible in some part? I'm sure Thailand which has a sophisticated medical capability isn't buying all they can get for spurious reasons.
I'm not trying to hype this, except to cut around the laborious and time laden testing requirements, to say this is the most positive report on a drug knocking down the virus I've seen. Gives hope, something to watch, and you'd think at this point with Argentina looking down the barrel, what would they have to lose to 'experiment' here.
Well noted the US and UK's working with the drug companies. A scandal in general roiling US politics. Don't know about UK.

Actually Argentina are also in the WHO trials, I recommend watching that YouTube update from today, about half way through roughly they speak specifically about the trials, drugs, and the newspaper reports prematurely claiming success.

I know your not trying to hype etc , and I agree with a lot of that you say, but in this case the WHO are mega clear.

Cautious optimism is the way, hopefully we will.see some pharma based success.

The reasons for why different countires have differing rates of containment / sucess, is also specifically addressed somewhere in the briefing. I really can't reccomend it enough.

I find the who daily updates on YouTube to be the best source of unbiased and well reasoned data/info right now.

Stay safe,

Cheers!

Back