Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Can anyone tell me why we accept[...]400,000 deaths from obesity

The industrial food, drink and sugar industry have an untold amount of political influence. It is also a matter of person choice, and not exponential growth potential. I go about my life normally and choose not to drink coca cola and therefore I'm not fat. If someone decides to drink coca cola every meal and dies from it, that was their personal choice and it didn't cause the death of a 3rd party.

Can anyone tell me why we accept 38,000 American deaths annually from driving accidents, 47,000 from suicide, 20,000 from other flu's and 100,000 to 400,000 deaths from obesity yet we're wrecking our world to prevent a few thousand American deaths that the CoronaVirus will cause before a vaccine is likely available?

Short answer: the growth rate.

Deaths from driving, suicide, other flus, obesity aren't doubling every 4 days are they?

Short answer: the growth rate.
Deaths from driving, suicide, other flus, obesity aren't doubling every 4 days are they?
22 March 2020
The author is Hugo Alconada Mon, a highly regarded author and investigative reporter.
Coronavirus: expected a "substantial" rise in cases in the coming weeks
Excellent article in line with camel's post.

Got to love the music choice on Cronica for this announcement of 30 new cases today in Argentina.

On a more serious note, is there a place to see how many of these cases originated in Argentina (community transmission).

Are these mostly recent arrivals to Argentina from overseas hot spots?

A lot of health experts are theorizing that this virus doesn't spread fast in warm humid conditions.

On a more serious note, is there a place to see how many of these cases originated in Argentina (community transmission).
Are these mostly recent arrivals to Argentina from overseas hot spots?

De los 67 casos, 45 corresponden a personas con antecedente de viaje a zona con transmisión comunitaria, mientras que 12 son contactos estrechos de casos confirmados. Los otros 10 se encuentran en investigación para determinar el antecedente epidemiológico.

45 cases correspond to people who travelled to contaminated zones, 12 - close contacts of people already infected, 10 - yet unknown.

Last edited:
Chinese study (for what it's worth) showing Corona spreads faster in cold temperatures:

Also high humidity helps slow the spread as explained here at 1:30 -but in brief - the humid air weights down the droplets in the air with water and they fall to the ground sooner:

Last edited:
There was talk in the US of converting some auto factories into respirator factories. Argentina is blessed with many auto factories. Hopefully the government and industry are working on that.

I just heard part of Gov Cuomo's (New York) daily update conference and he said a couple of things about how we are going to start to get out of this mess. He's appointed a committee to dismantle the lockdown in a smart manner. For example, people who have recovered seem to be immune so why no let them go back to work. He is also running clinical trials testing the idea that a derivative of plasma taken from people who have recovered, might confer immunity if given to someone who has not had coronavirus.

Back