Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
We were on Qatar Airlines, I really wish they had done some screening in the boarding area. Some of the passengers were very sick.

There's probably little chance that any of them had the coronavirus, but 400 flu and cold germ factories landed EZE.

Since the Chinese are often employed in grocery stores, I intend to be very germ conscious when I shop for awhile.

Look what this has come to...! Fear of shopping at Grocery Stores, where Chinese are Employed ....? Rumors can hurt businesses and livelihoods?

Last edited:
Look what this has come to...! Fear of shopping at Grocery Stores, where Chinese are Employed ....? Rumors can hurt businesses and livelihoods?
You said, "the original post was discriminatory", You essential called me a racist and I respectfully replied on why this was not the case. Instead of refuting my argument you quote a different post by a different person as your justification for casually throwing out "You're a racist". Pitiful. I hope the likes you garner will be worth throwing away your dignity. Look, as I said in a previous post, I don't blame you I blame the schools. Millenials are totally unprepared to debate issues on the merits, they've been taught to throw out "You're a Racist" whenever there stuck on a response.

Last edited:
Discrimination and Racism are different concepts . A text may be discriminatory for many reasons. Immigrants may be discriminated for religion, place of birth, sex, race, among others

IMHO the original article was discriminatory, at least ,to single out an ethnic Group as potential carriers of the Corona virus to Argentina. Thus maybe endangering their business viability in Argentina.
Discrimination in the form of singling out an ethnic group is racism. Are you saying that the original post was discriminatory but not racist?

You said, "the original post was discriminatory", You essential called me a racist and I respectfully replied on why this was not the case. Instead of refuting my argument you quote a different post by a different person as your justification for casually throwing out "You're a racist". Pitiful. I hope the likes you garner will be worth throwing away your dignity. Look, as I said in a previous post, I don't blame you I blame the schools. Millenials are totally unprepared to debate issues on the merits, they've been taught to throw out "You're a Racist" whenever there stuck on a response.

What do the "Millennials" have to do with this subject matter? By the way you could use and extra "n".

What do the "Millennials" have to do with this subject matter? By the way you could use and extra "n".
In my experience Millennials are most susceptible to throwing out "You're a racist" argument because schools in recent decades have encouraged group think, and discouraged a diversity of opinions. Conservative speakers are not allowed to speak on campus and thus debate is discouraged. When you are deficient in debating skills the "You're a racist" throwaway line is an easy escape valve when you don't have a legitimate argument.

There are old people that also use this tactic to curry favor with the group - but they are less common - in my experience. Hopefully Rich One is a Millennial because then he would have an excuse...

I think it is disgraceful to call someone a racist without cause.

Last edited:
N95 masks are selling out in the US and in Asia:

"virus masks and hand sanitizers were in short supply across China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao, Japan, South Korea, and other regional countries."

Some people may think this is anti-Asian racism but I think it has more to do with the proximity of the virus outbreak. Also this phenomenon is occurring in the US as well. It would be interesting to know if this is also occurring in Argentina. Just because a phenomenon is occurring in one geographical area doesn't make it racist.

I did a quick search on MercadoLibre and the masks are still available in Argentina - but this may be because the data hasn't been updated because it's Sunday. Note: This is not saying Argentines are better or worse because the masks are still available here, it's just a statement of fact. Not every phenomena is an example of racism: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...cking_id=35a30c7e-1bfa-41c9-9e78-9fa920d3d94f

Last edited:

Rich One, I think you're wrong on this one. I saw ONE flight deliver about 150 sick Chinese people to Argentina. That's no rumor.

They were very sick but I didn't see any sign that they were trying to control the spread of whatever germs they had. I didn't see any hand sanitizer, only a couple of facemasks, no one asked to be met by EZE health people, everyone coughing and sneezing into their hands or worse into the air.

I think that any rational person seeing and hearing them would chose to avoid contact with them for awhile, or anyone that they might be living with.

I would feel this way even if I saw 150 sick New Yorkers or 150 sick members of my ethnicity.

Even China is quarantining areas of outbreak or the caronavirus. Its the right thing to do with highly contagious illnesses. And businesses will suffer, look at the airlines and bus companies serving the affected areas.

Rich One, I think you're wrong on this one. I saw ONE flight deliver about 150 sick Chinese people to Argentina. That's no rumor.

They were very sick but I didn't see any sign that they were trying to control the spread of whatever germs they had. I didn't see any hand sanitizer, only a couple of facemasks, no one asked to be met by EZE health people, everyone coughing and sneezing into their hands or worse into the air.

I think that any rational person seeing and hearing them would chose to avoid contact with them for awhile, or anyone that they might be living with.

I would feel this way even if I saw 150 sick New Yorkers or 150 sick members of my ethnicity.

Even China is quarantining areas of outbreak or the caronavirus. Its the right thing to do with highly contagious illnesses. And businesses will suffer, look at the airlines and bus companies serving the affected areas.
Let me predict Rich One's response: "YOU'RE A RACIST!".

La Nacion video on the Corona virus. It's in Spanish and I don't understand it completely (BTW on a recent trip back to Canada when I told a Millennial I was trying to learn Spanish, she said I shouldn't do it because it was "Cultural Appropriation." Canada is absolutely nuts now...

At 8:30 the video talks about what I talked about in my first post - which Rich One says is racist.

Last edited:
Back