Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Here's a link to a world map showing the number of confirmed global cases/deaths/recoveries for each country. John Hopkins CDC dashboard
Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV) As of 11:13 PM, March 7, 2020 it's showing 105,981 confirmed cases worldwide, 59,916 recovered and 3,586 deaths.

Spoke to a very good friend from the USA and he gave me information that Seattle Washington will be locked down under quarantine in 2 weeks maximum. They are already preparing the military for this task.

No, that's not the report I was referring to when I first saw it in the initial TN news flash (on my cable TV channel).

I believe this is the report you saw. But you are misinterpreting it. It says that out of 9 samples processed today by Instituto Malbrán, one sample came back positive and 8 negative. Those other 8 samples came from different people.

3209031h1080.jpg

Spoke to a very good friend from the USA and he gave me information that Seattle Washington will be locked down under quarantine in 2 weeks maximum. They are already preparing the military for this task.

Regardless of whether or not this actually happens, please cite a source better than "a very good friend in the USA." Spreading rumors does not help the situation.

Regardless of whether or not this actually happens, please cite a source better than "a very good friend in the USA." Spreading rumors does not help the situation.

A few weeks ago noone here would ever have imagined that a city the size of Milan Italy would be put on lockdown . Ib European histiory this has never been done before and with the coronavirus now pandemic and with the USA cases nearly doubling every two to three days now it des not take a rocket scientist to see this scenario play out . The USA has 900 fema camps prepared for emergencies for this reason and due to the severity of this crisis we will see cities quarantied soon stateside

Seattle Washington has the biggest cluster of cases in the USA now over 400 cases nationwide .

A few weeks ago noone here would ever have imagined that a city the size of Milan Italy would be put on lockdown . Ib European histiory this has never been done before and with the coronavirus now pandemic and with the USA cases nearly doubling every two to three days now it des not take a rocket scientist to see this scenario play out . The USA has 900 fema camps prepared for emergencies for this reason and due to the severity of this crisis we will see cities quarantied soon stateside

Seattle Washington has the biggest cluster of cases in the USA now over 400 cases nationwide .

You're missing the point. Will Seattle be put on lockdown? Maybe. Maybe not. It's all just speculation at this point. But "a good friend in the USA" is still not a credible source.

Was this the same person that gave you this information that you posted in December:
" I have heard today from a very reliable source that by March 2020 the peso will be 130 per dollar for the blue rate . This was the case before with the two distinct rates and the cepo with a 60 percent gap being the norm . The official rate will go to 80 and the blue will be 130 by March 2020 "

Was this the same person that gave you this information that you posted in December:
" I have heard today from a very reliable source that by March 2020 the peso will be 130 per dollar for the blue rate . This was the case before with the two distinct rates and the cepo with a 60 percent gap being the norm . The official rate will go to 80 and the blue will be 130 by March 2020 "

This thread is not about making brownies point . Its about informing people about the virus and its risks in Argentina and the world . Noone is 100 percent right with his predictions so if you do not like my posts ignore me .

Just some into regarding how I am handling this if you want some guidance.

In hospitals the objective is to have everything sterile all the time and they have special equipment to sterilize things.

So my objective is to keep the house and everything in it sterile also the car.

The shopping routine

When I go out shopping I will go early when not many people are around get my things and come home. I keep alcohol gel and sanitizing wipes in the car. I do a gel hand wash before I drive. Go home put the things I have purchases on specific counter top area, Canned or other products in glass or plastic are sanitized and set to dry in another location. Products in cardboard or other packaging are removed from the packaging the packaging is put in the garbage and products are then put in plastic containers or bag I know are sterile. Fruits and veggies are also sterilized by washing very well with a disinfectant. I will most likely change the produce process to soaking as well soon. Once this is done I sanitize the car keys, doors, money, credit cards used or anything else I may have touched. Finally I sanitize the counter top area I placed the products when I came in . During this time no hands to face etc.and then I finally wash my hands.

Reason for all this I have no idea who has handled, sneezed or coughed on anything I purchased or handled in the market.

Product purchases

I no longer purchase things for the deli etc that are handled by people pretty hard to sterilize deli sliced ham etc. So I purchase packed ham, cheese meat etc. Most of which is all done by machines not humans.

Culture

I am still shaking hands and wash after but after, virus shows up that will end. Cheek kissing is a no go and will remain that way. No mate, eat in the house as I have no idea concerning cooks waiters etc.

Financial

I have all new updated cards with renewed expiration dates so all my plastic money is good to for 2 years or more.If there are heavy shut downs and disruptions I do not want to be here with expired plastic with no way of getting the new cards here.

Energy and gas

If your on propane have back up propane tanks in case propane is in short supply. Might want to consider a generator.

Food and meds

6 months of food and a ton meds including antibiotics, ibuprofen etc. Keep the little things in mind like tooth pics,etc. Lots of spices I do not want to eat bland food for months. A ton of bottled water and extra filters for the water filter etc.

Cleaning supplies

6 months or common house hold cleaning stuff and ton disinfectants.

At this point I am practicing to develop new habits of how I do things so I will already be in practice should there be an outbreak here. Also as this virus can be spread by people with symptoms for weeks I will have been on proactively on guard during that time. I am also still pick things here and there while I am out to add to the back up.

Might seem extreme to some but I would rather be ready than caught off gaurd especially as an expat. Seems looking at China, Italy, Iran etc that the virus while most will not suffer death it is causing great disruption for now in those places and I really do not have the time nor do I want to be sick as a dog a month or more.

Have ideas to add to this please do we can evaluate and potentially find a weak spot or something I might be missing that is needed.

Last edited:
An edit to my post - people without symptoms

At this point I am practicing to develop new habits of how I do things so I will already be in practice should there be an outbreak here. Also as this virus can be spread by people without symptoms for weeks I will have been on proactively on guard during that time. I am also still pick things here and there while I am out to add to the back up

I am considering clothe gloves as a strategy to lower the incidence of direct contact with public doors, ATM buttons and similar surfaces when shopping or out walking around in Recoleta and taking the bus to San Telmo as an expat, etcetera. Change them often to a clean pair, wash and let dry, re-use. That's if I can find a half dozen pair of them somewhere, Can they can still be found? They were very common once upon a time.
Lindsay Broadbent, a virologist at Queen’s University Belfast: “If you’re touching unclean surfaces with gloves and then touching your face, you might as well not wear them at all,” she says. Gloves would work only if you changed them and washed them as methodically as you wash or sanitise your hands. “Otherwise they’re like a second skin.”

Back