Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
For all people that want some behind the GReat Firewall Wuhan Virus Updates- Disclaimer -Very disturbing stuff... Has english subtitles - also english news updates

This is from Guo, the fugitive now lives in NY. Not bag, he has some of non main stream news.

Just an FYI and as one would suspect. One of the Argentinians I work with his father owns a medical supply business. China is no longer sending medical supplies on some level to Argentinian distributors in BA therefore his Father cannot get stock for his business. So cat may be out the bag and medical supplies for a response may run out or be in short supply without access to a supply source. Hopefully new supply sources are found as medical supplies will surely be needed.

Elon Musk recently tweeted panic over the coronavirus is dumb. I may not have the same point of view as he does but I would agree panic is dumb as it cannot really change or effect the situation. So as they say keep calm and carry on doing the common sense things.

Reuters is reporting that the situation in China is rapidly improving. While there are new cases in the city of Wuhan, the province around it has no new cases. "...Elsewhere in China, schools in provinces reporting no new cases for a number of days started to set reopening dates.
Qinghai, a northwesterly province that had reported no new infections for 29 days as of March 5, said it would stagger the start date of different schools between March 11 and March 20, according to a notice posted on an official website. The southwesterly province of Guizhou has said its schools would start reopening from March 16..."

And western companies like Marriott are preparing to return to normal.

In many ways China is the worst case scenario so it's encouraging to see some signs that maybe the worst has passed.

Reuters is reporting that the situation in China is rapidly improving. While there are new cases in the city of Wuhan, the province around it has no new cases. "...Elsewhere in China, schools in provinces reporting no new cases for a number of days started to set reopening dates.
Qinghai, a northwesterly province that had reported no new infections for 29 days as of March 5, said it would stagger the start date of different schools between March 11 and March 20, according to a notice posted on an official website. The southwesterly province of Guizhou has said its schools would start reopening from March 16..."

And western companies like Marriott are preparing to return to normal.

In many ways China is the worst case scenario so it's encouraging to see some signs that maybe the worst has passed.

Wish the US stock market would think so, too.....! Almost 6% down in the first hour of trading.

A good opportunity to buy stocks at a bargain price.

Wish the US stock market would think so, too.....! Almost 6% down in the first hour of trading.

A good opportunity to buy stocks at a bargain price.

I was reading an article seems South Korea may have the virus under control and in decline. They handled it very well drive through testing etc. I hope other countries adopt the South Korea approach it seems for the moment to be working.

I was thinking the same thing about stocks but I think we are not at the bottom yet. This could be a once in life time opportunity concerning stocks question that needs research is who will bounce back the best on the other side of this?

Looking at this virus mathematically is interesting this is a great break down. Every human needs to see this and then practice common sense. However, that is not going to happen obviously. Wash hands etc...

There is a very good piece from inside Italian lock-down zone on the foolhardy behaviour of some Italians in regard to shopping and public gathering when there were public warnings. I have just been reliably told that a group of 30 Italians have just arrived in BA to dance tango, breaking the quarantine and worse that six of them were at a milonga event in Ferrara where there was a confirmed outbreak. This means that there is a fairly high prospect that one or more are carriers and that they will be infectious. I really like the Italian attitude to come se come sa but in this instance the consequences could be unnecessary infection of the large tango population from around the world with a good chance of multiple cross infections. Taking responsibility, I will probably avoid milongas for a while even though they are the friendliest places around.

Maybe too early

I would agree give this at least 3 months before even thinking about. Some companies with weak balance sheets and heavy debt could even end up out of the game before the rebound.

Back